What is that satellite ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mike045

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Quebec
I am pointing east of AMC 6, 72 W, somewhat and on my CS6100, I get on Ku ETV Satellite Service from South Carolina ETV and Radio (south carolina): 11964 V 11263, which carry mostly PBS stuff. I do not find any other signal there, vertical or horizontal. Where I am ?

Jerry

63W KU

Estrela do Sul 1 at 63.0°W - LyngSat

the transponder shows 11959 on there

63.0 West Estrela do Sol 1 Ku-Band LATIN-AMERICA CENTERED BEAM REACHES PARTS OF SOUTHERN U.S.
V-11959 04.340 SCETV - South Carolina PBS English

Of course SCETV is on a CONUS beam, not a latin american beam. And SCETV calls the sat T14, which is the original name of the sat, and I think that is more appropriate for North American beams.
Satellite Support - South Carolina ETV
SCETV calls it T14. Their freqs listed here are a bit out of date.
They've been on this sat for a LONG time, I think since PBS was forced to move to AMC3 when another sat failed. Everyone else moved to AMC3, but SCETV moved to T14. They've been DCII until close to a year ago.

It would be nice if they carry the HD PBS Channels too, but maybe is this too much asking. It would be just right for me, cause the AMC 21 is a bit low where I am and in the trees! Nice anyway.

Mike

It would be nice if they carry the HD PBS Channels too, but maybe is this too much asking. It would be just right for me, cause the AMC 21 is a bit low where I am and in the trees! Nice anyway.

Mike

I don't know what they have on there now, because a couple pine trees grew up and blocked that sat for me. Back when they were DCII though, they had mainly educational feeds going to schools, and sometimes they had a channel with the regular PBS schedule on it, but there were times when there was no PBS on it.
The main reason why I used to go there, was that they always had a couple audio channels that had NPR programming. That and the Nebraska DCII mux were the only places I knew of on sat to get NPR. I don't know if they still have NPR or not. If they do, that might be more reason for me to cut those pine trees.

BJ
They're not really CONUS because I can get a very weak (just above threshold) here in MN but at night nothing at all..not even a blip

BJ
They're not really CONUS because I can get a very weak (just above threshold) here in MN but at night nothing at all..not even a blip

Interesting. I guess I was believing the Lyngsat footprint. I tried to pull out archived footprints from the sat owner, but the links were bad.

I wonder if the footprint has changed? I used to get that sat pretty well here in Maine, but in the past year I've been unable to pull it in. I've been blaming it on these pine trees that grew up and seem to be blocking the sat, but perhaps their signal has changed?

I get nearly 50% QS on my CS6100; just listening to Norah Jones Concert right now. I am at longitude -73,96.

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)