What is the best equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wiggin78

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Redding, CA
I am going to switch back to D* but don't want to pay for the equipment. D* already offered us a $250 programming credit so now I just need the equipment. I am going to do the install myself because our house is already wired for satellite. So what I want to know is what is a good HD receiver that I can pick up on eBay for under $200. I have seen a few between $130 and $180 so I know they are out there. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Here is the thread already discussing exactly that.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63408

I think Robert listed the new D* branded box #1 because it is the CURRENT model, but I would look very carefully at those ebay auctions for fine print, shipping and handling charges (never more than $20) item condition and accessories lost, and the user's feedback ratings. I would also say expect to spend more than $200 on a REALLY good box unless some goofs and you get a super deal which I hope you get!

I just switched today and they offered me an HD receiver for $100, HD service 1/2 off for six months, and up to $20 off of their premium channel lineup for six months. I was with D* a year and a half ago and only went to E* because they offered local channels before D* in the Mobile/Pensacola area. Now I have a loacal channel LNB issue with E* and they want me to pay for the LNB plus a technician fee of $49.95. Just sell me the LNB and I can change it...they lost my business as of today.

Wiggin78 said:
I am going to switch back to D* but don't want to pay for the equipment. D* already offered us a $250 programming credit so now I just need the equipment. I am going to do the install myself because our house is already wired for satellite. So what I want to know is what is a good HD receiver that I can pick up on eBay for under $200. I have seen a few between $130 and $180 so I know they are out there. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

I have an HD reciever and OTA antenna plus triple LNB for sale:

I paid 425.00 from DTV. I would like to sell for around 300.00

THe receiver is A RCA DTC210.

I just bought the Zenith HD-SAT520 on Ebay for $220 shipped. I am going to do the install myself and was wondering if it is very difficult?

i ordered zenith hd-sat520 from valueelectronics last week told them i was
a member here i did not get a discount! :confused:

Sorry, just on a very few items, we can't extend any additional SatelltieGuys member discounts. The Zenith HD-SAT520 is one of the items that are priced at net.

You will love the receiver. I wish I could get 1,000 more, but we purchased all of LG's refurbished LSS-3200As and HD-SAT520s and we and LG have none left.

-Robert

Thanks Robert, but D* over nighted me a new card at no charge since i am a returning customer. If I upgrade to HD Tivo in the future I will definitly give you guys a call. Thanks.

I ordered a Zenith HD-SAT520 from value electronics friday, It must of been one of there last ones. I had a Dish 811 before I went to Voom. The SAT520 is why I went to D*. Should be here any day, can't wait to get it.

This receiver works great. The Seller has one left so if anyone is looking for a good deal this is it. It comes with One For All remote control that is pretty nice except for a couple stiff buttons. Now that we are back with D* we couldn't be happier...well Tivo would be nice. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.