What is the difference between C1PLL lnb and the lite one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was wondering if anyone has both C1PLL LNB and the lite one to tell me the difference between the two? Thanks
MY understanding is there are two basic differences:
  • 1. The C1PLL frequency range is from 3.7 to 4.2 GHz and has filters for WiMax/WiFi interference for anything below 3.7 GHz, whereas the C1PLL Lite Wideband has a full frequncy range of 3.4 to 4.2GHz.
  • 2. The C1PLL case is heavier whereas the C1PLL Lite Wideband has a 'light-cast' weather-proof case.
Other than those two things, I believe performance specifications and warranty are the same. Titanium will correct me if I'm wrong.:)
PS: I use the C1PLL but have not tried the C1PLL Lite Wideband

Good comparison FTA4PA! :)

The C1PLL and C2PLL housings are much higher quality than typical competitor LNBFs. They are provided with upgraded zinc coated Allen head screws and hex head tool. These models are pretested to stringent specification values to provide the highest performance. This is not to say the lite model cannot have the same spec and performance, but the lite model grading allows for more deviation within the spec.

The lite model is designed for the value conscious buyer who simply wants a PLL upgrade from their DRO or a standard entry level LNBF. The simple lite housing with standard hardware and lifetime limited warranty is a great option for the regular viewer of average c-band signals without requirements for higher quality hardware and tighter specs.

I see a difference in the temp

15K typical
and the lite is
17°K (typical)

Would that make much difference?

Good comparison FTA4PA! :)

The C1PLL and C2PLL housings are much higher quality than typical competitor LNBFs. They are provided with upgraded zinc coated Allen head screws and hex head tool. These models are pretested to stringent specification values to provide the highest performance. This is not to say the lite model cannot have the same spec and performance, but the lite model grading allows for more deviation within the spec.

The lite model is designed for the value conscious buyer who simply wants a PLL upgrade from their DRO or a standard entry level LNBF. The simple lite housing with standard hardware and lifetime limited warranty is a great option for the regular viewer of average c-band signals without requirements for higher quality hardware and tighter specs.

You may notice a slight performance difference on a scope, but not likely in the real word as there are so many other variables.

The lite spec allows for slightly higher variance, but factory reports have found the two sorts to be quite similar.

Nothing like the days when we improved amplifiers from 100K+ down to 55K now below 20K! :)

I recently got the lite version from Brian and no issues with it. It replaced an old Geosat Pro CK-1 that I've had since they came out. I like the PLL lnb and did notice a slight improvement on some of the S2 channels.

I've been looking also at the Lite unit for little bit, and would like to know Blindow1234; which S2 channels actually showed improvement.

I've been looking at the Lite unit and wanted to ask Blindow1234, which S2 bird actually showed improvement, and does "improvement" mean higher Q ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)