What is the most sensitive tuner available?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Channels is now my favorite DVR server. The instructions for integrating and combining various sources such as an HD Homerun tuner together with a subscription streaming service such as Philo are pretty vague and lack some important details. But the setup process is actually easy (once you figure it out). They call this integration of two sources "TV Everywhere", and you can look that up on Wikipedia.
Channels works GREAT and its DVR can record subscription channels like History Channel, Comedy Central, Sundance and AMC movies in addition to your OTA programming. The subscribed channels are right there in the guide just like the OTA channels. Note: Not every channel I receive with Philo was available for this "TV Everywhere" function. Among the missing were AXS and BBC World News, but most everything else is there and working well. And of course you can still watch ALL the channels on the Philo app, which can also record anything (but with the commercials).

By the way, our ATSC 3.0 lighthouse (WBSF) lit up promptly at 10am on this past Tuesday. Pretty flawless, and I now have 4 ATSC 3.0 channels scanned into Channels. All working fine, using a Raspberry Pi 4b I bought from Comptech as the dedicated server. I have a WD Elements 4Tb USB 3.0 drive that contains the image, and all the shares needed.

I also now have 1,181 .m3u streaming channels running, and they ALL have epg data! They are all also recordable, and it all works flawlessly, even though I'm STILL trying to figure out all the capabilities of Channels Dvr software. It's amazing, that's for sure.

View attachment 156141
I noticed Plex live TV on your source list in the picture you posted. Is this your source list for Channels DVR? I didn't see Plex offered as a provider in the Channels DVR provider list. I still have a lifetime subscription to Plex, and I'd love to be able to see and record the Plex live TV channels I get with my subscription. Is there a way to do that?

I noticed Plex live TV on your source list in the picture you posted. Is this your source list for Channels DVR? I didn't see Plex offered as a provider in the Channels DVR provider list. I still have a lifetime subscription to Plex, and I'd love to be able to see and record the Plex live TV channels I get with my subscription. Is there a way to do that?
Yes, the .m3u file is maintained and hosted by a guy from New Zealand, including EPG for the Plex channels. In order to use it and be able to record, you'll need a Channels DVR server setup for it. Or, some other software capable of parsing .m3u files and epg .xml's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts