what is the problem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigbyrd4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
St. George, SC
I am having a problem watching recorded programs from ABC, NBC and CBS.
I am on the Charleston, SC local channels.
I have a Western Arc dish installed on the roof and the DVR that I watch is a 722K with only my man cave tv hooked to it.
For the past month or so whenever I watched an NBC program it would pixelate and lose portions of the program, but I never got the dialogue box saying that part of the recording was missing.
This week it has started doing the same thing on the other two networks. I don't see it on other networks, I have been watching a lot of BBCA while it is on preview and I have not seen the same thing
I don't know if it is the dish, the DVR or the local stations that is causing it. We have a 625 in the den that the boss watches, she says she hasn't seen it on her DVR but she doesn't watch a lot of programs from the networks (especially now that Hallmark has Christmas movies).
Thanks, in advance, for any help.

I did not get home in time yesterday to run the check switch. Ever since Matthew blew through our power goes off just about every day, so I am pretty sure the receiver doesn't need to be reset.

I hope it is not a hard drive failure. I had another 722K that went bad, but this one has been trouble free.

I will run the check switch when I get home today.

I had a similar problem. A Dish technician came out and discovered that the dish had been knocked loose by a storm. He remounted it and I have not had problems since.

Ok, I ran the diagnostics and the check switch. These are the results
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107359.037747.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107375.735178.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107404.884181.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107417.880266.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107431.340274.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107446.487469.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107461.074613.jpg

I assume by this that sat 110 and 119 I'm getting good signal from, but 129 not so much?

I think it is transponder 21 you want to check on 129. I could be mistaken. It's been a really long time since I needed to know that.

Ok, I gave in last night and watched CBS live. I did not see any pixelation on the live screen. I will play back the recording tonight and see if it does on the recording. I see more of the pixelation on NBC so maybe I can watch it live tomorrow.