what is the problem?

bigbyrd4

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2007
St. George, SC
I am having a problem watching recorded programs from ABC, NBC and CBS.
I am on the Charleston, SC local channels.
I have a Western Arc dish installed on the roof and the DVR that I watch is a 722K with only my man cave tv hooked to it.
For the past month or so whenever I watched an NBC program it would pixelate and lose portions of the program, but I never got the dialogue box saying that part of the recording was missing.
This week it has started doing the same thing on the other two networks. I don't see it on other networks, I have been watching a lot of BBCA while it is on preview and I have not seen the same thing
I don't know if it is the dish, the DVR or the local stations that is causing it. We have a 625 in the den that the boss watches, she says she hasn't seen it on her DVR but she doesn't watch a lot of programs from the networks (especially now that Hallmark has Christmas movies).
Thanks, in advance, for any help.

I did not get home in time yesterday to run the check switch. Ever since Matthew blew through our power goes off just about every day, so I am pretty sure the receiver doesn't need to be reset.

I hope it is not a hard drive failure. I had another 722K that went bad, but this one has been trouble free.

I will run the check switch when I get home today.

I had a similar problem. A Dish technician came out and discovered that the dish had been knocked loose by a storm. He remounted it and I have not had problems since.

Ok, I ran the diagnostics and the check switch. These are the results
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107359.037747.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107375.735178.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107404.884181.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107417.880266.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107431.340274.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107446.487469.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1480107461.074613.jpg

I assume by this that sat 110 and 119 I'm getting good signal from, but 129 not so much?

I think it is transponder 21 you want to check on 129. I could be mistaken. It's been a really long time since I needed to know that.

Ok, I gave in last night and watched CBS live. I did not see any pixelation on the live screen. I will play back the recording tonight and see if it does on the recording. I see more of the pixelation on NBC so maybe I can watch it live tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts