What is the Proper Corotor II LNB s Orientation Position on the Scalar?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I have been having problems picking up anything except 99.0W on my 12 Foot Dish and I read some where that the C Band and KU Band LNB's need to be rotated for 3 and 9 oclock. Is this critical for C and KU Band Reception and what is the proper rotation? See my picture.

Also there is a template the says to " Place this template on the 12 GHZ Elbow with this face towards the LNB's, then to rotate Feed to align arrow with Polar Axis of Dish" Could someone Please explain what this is all about for us new to C Band Guys?

Attachments

• DSC00678.JPG
    DSC00678.JPG
    676.9 KB · Views: 379
With the dish pointed at your True South satellite, the Ku LNB should be at the 10:30 and the C-Band LNB should be at the 4:30 position.

That's where I usually set mine, with maybe with the Ku just a smidge more towards the 11:00 position.

If the Ku in your picture is at 3:00, that explains why you are not getting anything.

Thats a good explanation for those that dont have the template.
I have a template that I could scan if it wouldnt infringe(I dont see any reference to Chaparral on it)

Jsattv, the polar axis is the pivot point (horizontally, east-west) of the dish.
The template for the Corotor II sits over the Ku mount and the arrow should point to the top of that pivot point... If the dish was pointed due south the arrow would point straight 12:00.
If I'm in err, someone correct me...
Ku is all new to me... as well as digital, so I'm having to catch up on everything.

line it up

Yep put the dish pointed south, and then line your little blue polarity motor up with the north/south line. The skew adjustment will take care of the places where it may not be perfect.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Well I rotated the Corotor II all the way around re Linuxman's suggestion so that the KU LNB is at 10:30 and the C Band LNB is at 4:30, but can still ONLY pick up 99.0W. I can see strong Tp signals on Anik 107.3 and 95.0W on 1 Tp. But after I Blind Scan them in they all come up as channels on 99.0W. I'm wondering if the Dish Tracking on the Clark Belt is out or could it be an Elevation problem??

What receiver are you using to control the polarotor for the co-rotor?

If using an analog receiver, you must make sure that when you set up the satellite in the menu that you have them setup with the correct polarity. Reverse or normal.

Fred

If the polarity is reversed you will see the other channel(odd/even) appear briefly when switching channels.

If using an analog receiver, you must make sure that when you set up the satellite in the menu that you have them setup with the correct polarity. Reverse or normal.

Fred

Fred

Thanks Fred, I was using the Uniden 9900 Receiver that came with the Mesh Dish for Polorotor Control, but other than some fine tuning when I hit the V and H and Skew Buttons on the Uniden it didn't seem to make much difference. But yesterday I didn't try it at all!! What is the procedure for the Polorotor Setup? Do you use it to fine tune in the Signalling on the individual Satellites then Blind Scan them in?

It should be in the setup screen in the Uniden when you setup individual satellites.

You will need to setup each one according to this chart.

That isn't the only chart available, but it will get you started. If you look along the top you will see that some satellites are marked in red as reverse polarity, and some are normal.

When the horizontal TPs are odd numbers 1,3,5 etc. that is a reverse polarity satellite. When the horizontal TPs are even numbers 2,4,6 etc, that is a normal polarity satellite. If entered incorrectly in the setup on the Uniden, you won't see but glimpses of the analog channels as you swing through them. BTW, this allows the satellites to be 2 degrees apart without bleed over.

I don't have a Uniden, but I am sure there is someplace in the individual satellite setup screen that allows you to change reverse/normal for the satellite.

Fred

It should be in the setup screen in the Uniden when you setup individual satellites.

You will need to setup each one according to this chart.

That isn't the only chart available, but it will get you started. If you look along the top you will see that some satellites are marked in red as reverse polarity, and some are normal.

When the horizontal TPs are odd numbers 1,3,5 etc. that is a reverse polarity satellite. When the horizontal TPs are even numbers 2,4,6 etc, that is a normal polarity satellite. If entered incorrectly in the setup on the Uniden, you won't see but glimpses of the analog channels as you swing through them. BTW, this allows the satellites to be 2 degrees apart without bleed over.

I don't have a Uniden, but I am sure there is someplace in the individual satellite setup screen that allows you to change reverse/normal for the satellite.

Fred

Thanks Fred for the Reference info re Normal and Reverse Polarity. I am using my ViewSat FTA Receiver to Blind Scan in the Satellites and the Uniden 9900 Receiver for the Polorotor Control. There is V and H buttons on the Front Panel of the Uniden 9900 that are working and something in the Manual re using the Skew + and - control Buttons so I will read it over again to see if I can figure it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)