What is this thing....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dave-in-WI

Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Kewaskum, WI
I picked up at a thrift store, some sort of IRD. I have't been able to locate any info on it. So, I'm trying here.

NCE Corp, USA
mfg by Suman Group Ltd -- China
model IRD-310

no smart card slot so I'm assuming its a ku or ka receiver.

It turns on, channel up and down, volume up and down, receiver loc button.... and thats it. I tried it with a Dish Network super dish with the FSS LNB, but got nothing.... just a stab in the dark effort.

Soooo, does anyone know what this thing is?

oh, by the way, the DN super dish FSS LNB, is that an ok LNB for FTA and what is the input frequency specs.... I cannot seem to find any definite answers surfing the web.

thanks.

If you get no on-screen menus or anything like that, chances are that it's an analog receiver.

Cable receiver? I don't think so because of the F connector that is labeled I.F. 950-2050Mhz. I'll do a little button pushing and see if there is a menu hidden somewhere.

I looked up the FCC ID of this device (( MHESUMANIRD310 )) ... the date of the last action on that FCC ID was 1996. The only thing I found was the application where it says its a satellite receiver. There is no technical data ... nothing -- which is strange, usually there is some technical info.

I guess this would be too old to be a FTA receiver. What about a DVB-S receiver? When did DVB-S come around?

super dish lnb's work well if you are a limited budget but got to remember that they are dual stacked lnb's. they will give you double of the amount of the channels.

Dan Rose

I think you have a old de-scrambler on your hands.

ok... i'm giving up on this thing... too old, tooo littie documentation - like NONE!. Even if it is a DVB-S unit... I need a DVB-S2 unit ( for NOAAPORT data )...
Thanks for the comments...

By the way, does anyone have the specifications for the DN FSS LNB?

ironically there is a remote on Ebay for it

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!isE4qsrp7R5BOPb0(v(Lg~~0_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!isE4qsrp7R5BOPb0(v(Lg~~0_3.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 132
Ha, yes, I saw that.... this unit didn't come with a remote ... but $49! Wow, must be a block of platinum in the remote. heck, I paid $5 for this box ...

you'd be amazed what some people are asking for items

I got a bunch of old commercial analog units about a year ago for free. There was maybe 10 analog channels left. Some guy was trying to sell them for like 500 bucks each
Or you see older FTA receivers for more money than what a new MicroHD goes for

Ask Anole about the DN super dish lnbs or any other members I have worked with them and they do work well in a pinch.

Dan Rose

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)