Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
I have a 6' C-Band dish to supplement my motorized Ku setup. The C-Band dish is stationary. I had it pointed @ 87W during the recent shuttle mission. Now that the Astronauts are safely home I want to give a few of the other satellites a try.

So, if you had to pick one satellite to aim your dish to what would it be and why? Is it for regularly re-occurring programming, news feeds, sports feed, special interest?

Thanks in advance.

AMC3 at 87°W is my first choice and my 10' dish spends plenty of time there when it's not being used for daily C band household viewing.

After that I have a 6' dish fixed on G3C at 95°. Another 6' on AMC18 at 105° for my 4DTV subs and one more 6' on G14-AMC21 at 125° for more 4DTV and PBS. Two of the dishes have multiple LNBFs for additional satellites like 101° ku and 97° ku.

Can't choose... 87 for all the RTV. 91, 99, 103, 121. Nope, can't do it..... can't keep it stationary.

91 or 95W

Depends on what you like to watch, but I'll go along with 91W for now, some things come and go there. Gal 3C otherwise, for some feeds and MyFamilyTV.
Like others said though, when NASA is active I'm tuned in to 87W.

116.8ºW and after that 113.3ºW, a good 120 channels total more or less.

After those, maybe 121ºW just for the baseball, I have always hated that dumb soccer from México (full of crying little baby girls who can't take a single hit LOL), well after all i live in one of the states where soccer hasn't been able to take over baseball (north of México and both coasts: Sinaloa, Sonora, Both Baja Californias, and even Chihuahua, Durango, most of Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Veracrúz, Yucatán, Quintana Roo, Tabasco).

I those 3 sats i can anywhere from 6 to 10 games daily from the Mexican Baseball League and the MLB (SD & HD), throw in there 91ºW+133ºW with all those FoxSports feeds and booya!

Cheers

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)