What is your favorite iPhone app?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JAG72

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Earth
With many members going down the route of the iPhone I thought it may be interesting to find out what apps are your favorite.

Personally I like the Pandora application for it streaming audio. You can customize your own channels by typing in the artist that you like. It then builds a channels that has this artist featured and also includes many others that are along the same lines.

Now lets hear what your favorite app is.

My favorite is Shazam.

Ever been some place and heard a song and said what song is that? How about ever been to a place and heard a song and ay wow I havent heard that one in years, and boy would I love to add that song to my music library.

Well enter Shazam, hear a song you want, if you want to know what the song is, start Shazam and press the tag button. For the next 10 seconds Shazam listens and somehow (even with a lot of noise in the room and people talking) to pick up the song and figure it out and it will tell you exactly what that song is. But to go even further it will add a tag and with one push of a button it can take you to that song in the Itunes store.

I was in a Hooters Resturant last night and heard a song "I don't like Mondays" and I couldnt remember who sang it (I kept on thinking Bob Geldof) so in this resturant I started the program clicked tag and in this noisy resturant (and the music was not that loud) it managed to pick up on the correct song info (and the song is done by The Boomtown Rats) I was shocked.

This application is FREE and just amazes me. I havent been able to fool it yet even in the nosiest conditions!

I've got to second the HoldEm game. Great for Commuting. I also like AOL Radio. It's interesting to see how radio stations across the country are different and/or the same.

I would kill for an iPhone version of the netflix player. That would add good incremental value for me.

... heard a song "I don't like Mondays" and I couldnt remember who sang it (I kept on thinking Bob Geldof) so in this resturant I started the program clicked tag and in this noisy resturant (and the music was not that loud) it managed to pick up on the correct song info (and the song is done by The Boomtown Rats) I was shocked.

Funny enough i passed him just a few weeks ago in the lobby of the Belagio, was weird to just see him in person, i was a huge Boomtown rats fan as a kid in Ireland.

Still looking for the right first app to try. Pandora sounds good so I might try it.

The mandated app store icon is questionable for me. Not sure why contacts is there either since its was already part of the phone options.

Slingplayer - for watching my slingbox on the road
TomTom - for voice guided navigation
WMWifiRouter - for wirelessly tethering my cell phone to my laptop on AT&Ts 3g network
Coreplayer - for playing back music and videos in a wide variety of formats

All great apps that I couldn't do without.

Oh, wait.... you said iPhone apps.

Never mind!.... :D

My favorite app would have to be the aim app to keep in touch with my friends and also I think that the MLB at bat app. Also just like everyone else I would love to have the tomtom, slingbox, and maybe a netflix app

My favorite APP is DOOM for the IPHONE.

Another one allows me to downloand video from UTUBE onto my IPHONE

Another one uses Video as ring tunes.

Look up CYDIA to find out how to get thes apps.

What's your favorite Iphone App?

I thought it would be fun to see what everyones favorite iphone app is. I know there have been times where Ive depended on the reviews on itunes and gotten a totally different result myself.

My favorite apps that I have on my iphone are:

1. Weather Channel
2. MLB At Bat (when it was baseball season)
3. LUX Touch (its like the board game Risk)

1. Safari -- this alone is why I stay with the phone despite the fact that AT&T has no 3G in Des Moines and service sucks in my house.

2. Crosswords--lifesaver at airports!

3. Maps (native app) -- didn't think I would use it much, but it's terrific and has been improved with each firmware upgrade.

I don't have an Iphone, but my favorite all time killer app for it would be the instant severing of AT&T as a provider and allow me to activate it on Verizon. :)

Safari
SayWho (voice dialer)
Google Voice Search

Talk to me about SayWho, wouldja?

I just got my iPhone and was shocked that it did not have voice dialing. I've been considering Voice Box. What I really want is to be able to press the button on my bluetooth headset and say a name and have it dial it, just like my Motorola Razr did. So I don't have to pull out the phone to place a call. Any suggestions on how to get this function? Is it even possible? These 2 apps look like I still need access to the screen to place a call.

Safari is great.

I don't have an Iphone, but my favorite all time killer app for it would be the instant severing of AT&T as a provider and allow me to activate it on Verizon. :)

It's a GSM device, and Verizon uses CDMA. In any event, I believe they have an exclusive contract for many years.

Superb little device, and I figure in another couple of years they may have it improved to be a world beater. Mostly, better battery life.

I'm still working on getting a spreadsheet on it, and small word processor. I know of iSpreadsheet. Any recommendations on these apps?

1. Safari -- this alone is why I stay with the phone despite the fact that AT&T has no 3G in Des Moines and service sucks in my house.

2. Crosswords--lifesaver at airports!

3. Maps (native app) -- didn't think I would use it much, but it's terrific and has been improved with each firmware upgrade.

They just turned on 3G in Lincoln. You're supposed to have it around 12/5. Too bad the service here still sucks. Sure wish they were sold thru Verizon instead of AT&T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts