What is your favorite iPhone app?

Its been awhile since I replied to this, but since then a lot of new applications have come out for the iPhone.

So here is my new Top 10 applications for the iPhone.

1) Slacker Radio (Live Slacker Radio anywhere!)
2) Orb Live (Watch LIVE TV from your Windows Media Center PC and MORE!)
3) Google (search by using your voice!)
4) iHeart Radio (Yeah Clear Channel might be the devil, but their radio player rocks)
5) Shazam (Find out whos the artist of the song that playing on the radio.)
6) Say Who Lite (Voice Activated Dialing and more!)
7) TouchTerm (adds SSH so I can access and fix our servers anywhere)
8) Now Playing (Find out what movies are playing near you plus access your NETFLIX Queue)
9) Remote (Remote control your iTunes program on your laptop or PC)
10) USA Today (The best initeractive News program out there)

So whats your list?

A lof of GREAT apps when you Jailbreak,

I like Backrounder which lets me listen to Slacker or IHEART RADIO while I am serfing the web or answering email.

Cycorder which gives me a video camera anywhere.

Categories which lets me throw my applications into folders (so all games goes in the games foler, utilities in the utilities folder and so on.) thus making it easy to find stuff.

Winterboard which lets me change the backround, icons and other items to give my phone its own look. I dont know why Apple wont let me change the backround on my phone.

you know Scott I ask the same questions, there is a program called sbsettings where you can turn on 3g, wifi, and change other settings just by swiping your hand accross the top, why not have apps like that, take cues from the community and include them in "official release".

I am surprised people haven't said more Slacker, and Pandora... this changes everything. I no longer need music on it! I am personally partial to Pandora.

I am surprised people haven't said more Slacker, and Pandora... this changes everything. I no longer need music on it! I am personally partial to Pandora.

YES! the only music I have on the phone is what I purchase on the phone. I put podcasts and audiobooks (If I had those) on the phone, but not much else. And last.fm documents my collection nicely, so I can still listen to something out of my collection if I wanted.

My favorites so far...

- Exchange ActiveSync support with Push so my email, contacts and calendar are kept synced
- the three satguy must-haves GoalieBob found
- Sol Free
- ColorOhms

Since I jailbroke it...
- Categories (put apps in folders, reduced my home screens from 7 to 3
- SSH
- DOOM
- Finder
- Terminal
- Backgrounder

Revised list:

MLB At Bat 2009 (GameDay Audio Included)
Amazon Kindle for the iPhone (so far I've downloaded only samples but I'll download a few books for it next week)
Slacker (Awesome!)
Wunderradio (ditto!)
Traffic Master Denver - traffic cameras from the Colorado Department of Transportation website, great for massive snowstorms like we got yesterday to see what traffic is like.
The Weather Channel. I barely use the Weather Channel on Dish anymore since it doesn't have my local on the 8's. And the live video forecast for my area is a nice touch.
Night Stand - Don't need to buy an alarm clock anymore, since this works nicely.
Epocrates - I'm a pharmacy tech and a future pharmacy student, this is a wonderful app if you are one of the two. Gives you descriptions of medications, their side effects, interactions with other drugs, etc.
The native Maps app - Nice for when you're lost.
Shazam - No more guessing what song is playing.
Remote - Control iTunes or Apple TV (maybe a future purchase if Dish keeps it up) with your iPhone.

I can easily say this is the best gadget purchase I've made in years. Nothing else even comes close.

Yeah, I've found a few more.

- Classics (I am ashamed to admit that until I got this on my iPhone, I had not read 20000 Leagues, Jungle Book or Call of the Wild, ever. And all three are much better than any screen version I have seen).
- Shakespeare (I'll start on that when I run out of Classics)
- WinAdmin (lets me do the occasional network admin task via RDP)

Yeah, I've found a few more.

- Classics (I am ashamed to admit that until I got this on my iPhone, I had not read 20000 Leagues, Jungle Book or Call of the Wild, ever. And all three are much better than any screen version I have seen).
- Shakespeare (I'll start on that when I run out of Classics)
- WinAdmin (lets me do the occasional network admin task via RDP)

I'm in the process of reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland which is quite the trip.

For me

Native apps:
Safari (the entire reason I went for the iPhone)
Google Maps

Add on:
Public Radio tuner
Google with voice search
Road trip
LOLcats (good for a quick laugh)
Weather Channel
Cheap Gas

ESPN Radio was great until I found ooTunes based on a SatGuys poster's recommendation which has a gazillion radio stations for free....

Yahoo's Fantasy Football is great as I am in a Yahoo Fantasy League

Anthem plays Music Videos in a fashion similar to Pandora

GasBag finds gas stations, SitOrSquat finds bathrooms, ...

MyCoke lets you input those CokeRewards bottle cap codes on the IPhone easily.

Zillow lets you find out what anyone is paying in property taxes on their house (blow their mind at their next dinner party) and what it is worth on the real estate market....

FedEx Mobile can track packages

SCI FI Wire keeps you updated on SciFi related press releases...

mBox Mail lets those with MSN or HOTMAIL accounts easily read and manage their email from their IPhones...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)