What is your favorite iPhone app?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am thinking we might want to create a couple more sticky threads: one for iphone jailbreak, and one for Android rooting/custom roms. Gotta mull it over a bit. I'd like to see this part of the site continue to grow. Right now we have a relatively small group of users - but users who are very passionate about their phones. It would be nice to see this expand.

I am thinking we might want to create a couple more sticky threads: one for iphone jailbreak, and one for Android rooting/custom roms. Gotta mull it over a bit. I'd like to see this part of the site continue to grow. Right now we have a relatively small group of users - but users who are very passionate about their phones. It would be nice to see this expand.
That would be a good idea, we have a lot of awesome phone addicts here who like to experiment.

:up

This week it has been the mlb.com app. I have been traveling and the $5 app for all the playoff coverage with audio and video has been great. In 2G areas the radio works well. With 3G the camera views are a lot of fun.

The google voice application has finally been released. I have been using the web version of google voice but it is now nice to have a real app for it.

Rush (band) APP. Cool for us Rush fans. It even has Rush radio with about 40 of their songs (of course I already have all of them anyway). Just the fact that you get 40 songs for only $2 is a damn good deal alone (if you are a fan of the band)

Last edited:
I've been using iMapMyRide for my mountain biking. Also works for skiing as well.

I am trying to find an app that accurately calculates calories burned based not only on distance, time, and speed, but also on Watts and elevation inclination. Every App seems to think that I will burn the same number of calories climbing a dirt road with a greater than 10% incline at 5 mph for 30 minutes as riding on a flat paved road at 5 mph for 30 minutes. It also assumes I burn more calories going downhill at 45 mph with very little pedaling (Watts used).

Does anyone know of an app or monitor that takes these other variables into consideration?

I've been using iMapMyRide for my mountain biking. Also works for skiing as well.

I am trying to find an app that accurately calculates calories burned based not only on distance, time, and speed, but also on Watts and elevation inclination. Every App seems to think that I will burn the same number of calories climbing a dirt road with a greater than 10% incline at 5 mph for 30 minutes as riding on a flat paved road at 5 mph for 30 minutes. It also assumes I burn more calories going downhill at 45 mph with very little pedaling (Watts used).

Does anyone know of an app or monitor that takes these other variables into consideration?
I found one called iBike. The APP is free and does calculate Watts. The only problem is you need a $300 Dash to go with it and that does not include the extra costs for the Cadence Sensor and Heart Rate Monitor

Just downloaded a bunch of EA games. They are having a sale on many of their games for $.99 right now.

Display Out in the Cydia store. This allows me to actually mirror my screen when connected to a projector. Useful as a teacher

Now, I am in teacher geek heaven. I installed VNC viewer. This used with my smart board allows me to use my phone as a mouse and an interactive feature/remote for my smartboard.

I can display my phone on my smartboard and even use the smart board as the touch screen for my phone. I used some of my math apps projected on the board while the phone was in my pocket.

I was also able to display my PC on my phone. Use the phone as a powerpoint remote, mouse, and keyboard.

Attachment 1 is just a photo of my smart board.

Attachment 2 is a screen capture of my phone showing the mirror image of the smartboard.

Attachments 3 shows the phone displayed on my smartboard where I was able to use the smartboard itself as the touchscreen for my phone (The image show a blank screen because I was taking a picture so the phone was in camera mode).

Attachments 4 through 5 are a screen capture of the phone on my PC

Attachments

• SmartBoard.JPG
    SmartBoard.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 256
  • PC on iPhone.PNG
    PC on iPhone.PNG
    14.6 KB · Views: 234
  • iPhone on PC3.JPG
    iPhone on PC3.JPG
    345.4 KB · Views: 221
  • iPhone on PC2.jpg
    iPhone on PC2.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 212
  • iPhone on PC1.jpg
    iPhone on PC1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 249

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)