What kind of sattelite??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txchrisb

Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
San Antonio
Hello all!! My name is chris and I have a coolsat 4000. I havent used it in over 3 years and no longer have the satellite dish I use to have. I need to know what kind to get and where I might be able to find one. Even when I had it set up I had some help and no longer have access to those people who helped me. Im confused :confused: Someone PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!!

Hi, welcome back! What are you interested in watching?

In any case you are going to want a Ku dish of 76CM or bigger and a Linear LNB. A motor can be added later.

Maybe start with one of the sponsors at the top of this page. Also take a look at thelist for satellite info.

After you get the dish we can help you set it up.

Hope this helps, DC

Hello all!! My name is chris and I have a coolsat 4000. I havent used it in over 3 years and no longer have the satellite dish I use to have. I need to know what kind to get and where I might be able to find one. Even when I had it set up I had some help and no longer have access to those people who helped me. Im confused :confused: Someone PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!!

Chris,

If you are solely interested in Ku-Band, then the Winegard DS-2076 (76cm) dish is an all around good choice. This is what I started out with when I set up my first motorized dish.

If you desire to get a larger dish, the GeoSatPro 1.2M is also a really good choice. But, I found that I did not pull in all that many more FTA channels. Basically, the signal just remained stronger during rainfalls.

The GeoSatPro seems to be a bit better constructed, but it is also heavier and more difficult to work with because of its awkwardness (size).

The Winegard DS-2076 is quite a bit less inexpensive, expressly when shipping is concerned.

Now, I don't wish to fail to mention the older, used Channel Master and Primestar dishes. The ones that I am thinking of are similar in size and shape to the Winegard DS-2076, but their reflector panel is made from some sort of composite material (not steel) with re-enforcing ribs and geometry to the rear of the dish.

They are quite heavy, not too bad for the reflector panel alone, but their mounting bracket and hardware are extremely major heavy duty and quality steel with some nice attributes. These can often be found in great condition for $5 or less. They may pose some engineering troubles to modify for use on a motor, but this has been accomplished by many. Don't neglect to seek these old dishes out as they are pretty good and are (in my opinion) excellent for a single, fixed point setup.

There are many other dish models and brands out there, but the ones that I have just mentioned are pretty darned good.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)