What kind of upgrade deal can I get?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

coreillydish

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Hi. I currently lease a 510 and a 301. I would like to upgrade to a 625 setup. I see that dish will upgrade me to a 522 for $100. Will dish give me credit for the two previously leased 510 and 301 receivers I have? I will need some wholes drilled and lines run, is that covered with the free installation? I know that my monthly cost will go up about $5 but I would like to know how much my upfront costs will be. Also, I am interested in the Video On Demand stuff being offered with the 625. Does the 522 have that capability. If not, do you think the Dish representative would give me a 625 if I have an interest in using the VOD feature? Thanks.

Some of us have gotten lucky by getting 625s because some of the installation companies no longer stock the 522. Dish will not voluntarily give you a 625 unless the above applies. And yes, you need the 625 for VOD. One person here said they gave him a 25.00 credit on each returned receiver, but that was never mentioned to me. I will see If I eventually get one.

KAB said:
Some of us have gotten lucky by getting 625s because some of the installation companies no longer stock the 522. Dish will not voluntarily give you a 625 unless the above applies. And yes, you need the 625 for VOD. One person here said they gave him a 25.00 credit on each returned receiver, but that was never mentioned to me. I will see If I eventually get one.

I'd just called Dish to see what my options were (pretty much the same everyone else has spoken of) and she mentioned that there was a $25 credit on returned receivers. The qualm (here) is that OP is leasing...far as I know, they don't give credit for returned leased receivers, you have to own it to get $ back.

What do you mean by getting credit for the other receivers, lets not forget that a leased receiver remains the property of DISH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts