OTHER What length cable?

Radioguy41

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Lehighton, PA
On a 90cm offset motorized dish what would be the optimum length for the cable from the motor to the lnb? I don't want to be too short, of course, but on the other hand I don't want an excessive amount to have to loop and tie up.

Make it as short as possible making sure to leave enough slack for it to move through the arc with out pulling on the cable or kinking it.
An extra few inches will not hurt to make sure you have enough slack.
I would guess mine to be about 3 feet.

I usually make a loop and loosely nylon tie as shown in this photo. If I need to reroute, put on a new connector or if the dish somehow gets loose and spins in a bad storm, the spare coax length comes in handy!

IMG_3492.JPG

I also would like to know what maximum length of cable I can have for possible 10' C/Ku band dish locations. I hear shorter is better, but am wondering if I can put it out of sight some 80' away by my detached garage. I'm trying to do this right the first time.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I usually make a loop and loosely nylon tie as shown in this photo. If I need to reroute, put on a new connector or if the dish somehow gets loose and spins in a bad storm, the spare coax length comes in handy!

Service Loop, I use them with cat5 runs also. Just in case you need to redo something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)