What LNB,lnbf and should i use a feed horn on 8'prime focus dish

Doeboy 1982

Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
Roseland La 70456
Doeboy 1982

I'm soon to order a 8' prime focus sat dish I really want the 10' or 12' but that's not in my budget at this time I've heard with the 8' I would lose about 10%but I know I can get 100%with a 10'or 12' so my question is what is the best lnb for FTA on a 8' and should I feed horn or lnbf and this is going to be c-band only set up i already have a Ku band off set dish so I'm trying to get everything together I'm currently waiting on my receiver and sat link finder to come in im wanting to use both sat dishes on one receiver and I will be installing a 22khz switch to join the two dishes into one feed cable to the lnb in on the receiver it's a smart receiver c and ku band with lots of extras I don't want to combine the two dishes into one dish with a lnb that uses both c and ku band s of fear of losing signal on one or the other any tips on this issue will be greatly appreciated as I'm a newbie at FTA

I went for a 8ft dish and everyone here said I would want a 10ft. They were right. Within 2 years I had a 10. If I were you, I'd save up a bit more and get a 10. Also, I'd look for a used dish. On a budget, I'd look for a free dish (or almost free) and spend the money on a good actuator, an ASC1 to move it, and a Titanium PLL LNB.

Reactions: luke rizzuto III
I'll be honest, I've read this reply half a dozen times and still can't understand what's trying to be said.
I had a lnbf that came with the dish. It didn't get most backhaul feeds. I replaced it with a titanium lnbf, it stopped locking known feeds after only being used for a month. Replaced it with a norsat lnb and I haven't had any problems for 2 months now. I wouldn't recommend a lnbf on cband dish :)

Sent from my VS995 using the SatelliteGuys app!

The primary reasons I would suggest a LNBF over a feedhorn with LNBs is simplicity and cost. A feedhorn with servo motor polarity and quality LNBs will always outperform a LNBF or an orthomode on a motorized dish. The ability to fine tune the skew to optimize for each transponder provides the best solution for the advanced hobbyist. If you are only watching the typical program distribution transponders, a LNBF is the way to go.

There is no substitute for reflector size and surface accuracy. A feedhorn will only optimize the capabilities of your system. A 7.5 foot dish is still not 2 degree compliant and this will be the greatest limiting factor when trying to receive a transponder with overlapping frequencies from adjacent satellites. No feedhorn will change this fact. Your choice of feedhorns, LNBs, filtration and other hardware will depend on the type of viewing you are interested in and your budget.

Why buy a high performance Ferrari if you need a daily driver pick-up truck? Why by a workhorse pick-up if you desire a fast Ferrari?

The primary reasons I would suggest a LNBF over a feedhorn with LNBs is simplicity and cost. A feedhorn with servo motor polarity and quality LNBs will always outperform a LNBF or an orthomode on a motorized dish. The ability to fine tune the skew to optimize for each transponder provides the best solution for the advanced hobbyist. If you are only watching the typical program distribution transponders, a LNBF is the way to go...

Brian,

Has the specification for the Titanium C Band LNBF changed recently to include some type of anti interference circuitry to reduce the impact caused by mobile phones or other close proximitry frequencies to C band?

Thx

Brian,

Has the specification for the Titanium C Band LNBF changed recently to include some type of anti interference circuitry to reduce the impact caused by mobile phones or other close proximitry frequencies to C band?

Thx

The C1-PLL and soon to be released C2-PLL LNBF models feature interference filtering with sharp band pass edges. The C1-PLL has proven to be very popular and effective at significantly reducing interference in regions with wide area WiFi, LTE, WiMax, RADAR and other terrestrial interference.

The C1W-PLL, C1W-PLL lite, C2W-PLL wideband and the CK1s models do not feature this filtering.

Reactions: moonbase
Brian,

Thx

The C1-PLL and soon to be released C2-PLL LNBF models feature interference filtering with sharp band pass edges. The C1-PLL has proven to be very popular and effective at significantly reducing interference in regions with wide area WiFi, LTE, WiMax, RADAR and other terrestrial interference.

The C1W-PLL and C2W-PLL wideband models do not feature this filtering.

I had a C2W-PLL installed on my SAMI 7.5ft dish, and had issues off and on with Quality levels going up and down a lot on various sats (especially 87W), mostly towards the East, which is downlake from me, towards various terrestrial links. I just this past Saturday replaced it with a brand-new C1-PLL from Titanium. I no longer have the fluttering levels, and it pretty much locks up around 74~% where before it was rare to get that high and keep the signal locked.

I would HIGHLY recommend one of the Titanium lnbf's with the filtering. Well worth the money, and you can't go wrong, especially IF the cell companies manage to grab even more of the spectrum for 5g.

Reactions: raydio and moonbase
The C1-PLL and soon to be released C2-PLL LNBF models feature interference filtering with sharp band pass edges. The C1-PLL has proven to be very popular and effective at significantly reducing interference in regions with wide area WiFi, LTE, WiMax, RADAR and other terrestrial interference. The C1W-PLL, C1W-PLL lite, C2W-PLL wideband and the CK1s models do not feature this filtering.

So you will soon be releasing a two output lnbf with interference filtering?

Yes, he's said that. Also that they are on the ship and should be here soon.
I did see the thread for Titanium's new receiver, the OS mio 4K, which he did say would be here soon. While the C2-PLL is mentioned in that thread, it does not provide any specs or release date that I can see. Could you provide a link to where Titanium gave the specs or a release date for the C2-PLL lnbf? :)

I did see the thread for Titanium's new receiver, the OS mio 4K, which he did say would be here soon. While the C2-PLL is mentioned in that thread, it does not provide any specs or release date that I can see. Could you provide a link to where Titanium gave the specs or a release date for the C2-PLL lnbf? :)

Fall Tune-up (and new product testing)

I'm also fairly certain the specs will likely be the same as the C1-PLL with filtering, except this one will have two outputs. Titanium Satellite - Store

The container goes into customs around Dec. 21. Once cleared, the local logistics are booked. Could be delivered by Christmas, New Years or Valentines Day... :)

Will update the store and keep our resellers updated as to the date that the C2-PLL is available.

Overall, the gain and performance benchmarks are similar to the C1-PLL, but with increased bandpass filtering and out-of-band attenuation. Also very happy with the improved cross pol and port to port isolation figures.

The C1W-PLL, C1W-PLL lite, C2W-PLL wideband and the CK1s models do not feature this filtering.

Brian,

Thank you for your reply.

Is there a European distributor for the C1-PLL version or is it a case of Amazon Global or some other online re-seller?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts