What material is the Winegard dish made of?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That word "scrapping" is a nasty word here!! If you don't want it, then why not see if you can find someone that wants it to use for FTA use?

Winegard made quality C-Band dishes. It should be worth a lot more than scrap to someone interested in free tv. I would post it on Craig's List or something like that and see if you can find someone to use it again, Might make a few more dollars than scrapping and you don't have to haul it off.

Is it all aluminum, or an alloy?? Wondering if it is worth scrapping? again thanks for the info!

The dish itself is all aluminum execpt for the mount and LNB part which is steel and not worth much, as I've scrapped three Winegard dishes for parts sometime back, not sure what the price of aluminum is but you can call a scrap dealer for that info.
If it's still in good condition you might also check your local paper or credit union ( my bank has Buy & Sell section) to see if you can list it other than Craig's list. You might also check into listing it here in the classified section.

No offense taken but you have to understand that most of us here are die hard big dish users and every one that goes to sc**p is another one gone forever as far as hobby use is concerned.

Right about now I'd pay around $50 for a usable 10 ft Winegard dish and that includes taking it down and moving it. Not sure how much they are worth @ s**ap price but I'd think not that much.

Having said all that, it would be really nice if you could find someone that had a use for that dish rather than just trashing it for a few dollars that won't amount to a pimple on an elephant's ass two months from now! If $50 is going to make or break you then maybe you should look into disconnecting from the internet. I suspect that would save you at least $25 a month which translates to $300 over a 12 month period not counting electricity saved from that 500 watt power supply that runs your computer that you won't need.

I have a 10ft Winegard dish that I hope I can rework after the wind pulled my pole out of the ground and broke the dish off the mount. Yes I might have to scrap this one, BUT I will try to straighten it back out. I am states away from you, but someone closer would benefit from it, if you do not wish to try to put it back in service. Is it still mounted on a post, or has it been taken down? Is it still assembled as a dish? If so,what size is it - measured from side to side - not down through the center dip? Does it have the LNB or eye still mounted and if so, by a button hook or by 3 or 4 support arms? These answers may make it worth someones drive to pick it up and give you something for it. I drove 250 miles to pick up 5 complete but disassembled dishes and gave $50 or more for the total lot. And I still do not have all them up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts