What new equipment will I need?

seanzy13

Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
USA
I am currently running 2 receivers on a dish 500 dish w/DP Digital LNB. Receivers are model 2700 I believe.

For some reason I cannot get local channels that I'm paying for, and I can't figure out why. I have a DP301 receiver laying around and I tried getting a new smart card for it and activating that one to see if locals work, but once I got the new card and installed it, we couldn't get the receiver to active. Tried for hours on the phone with tech support, and nothing. Any idea on what might be going on here?

Beyond that I'm interested in upgrading to HD. I have 2 receivers but really only need 1 to be HD. I'm also interested in DVR, but its not a major deal. I was looking at the 722k and see that it says it supports 2 TV's with one box. What exactly does that mean? Will I only need 1 receiver now? Will my other tv still work with that since its not HD? If I decide not to go the route of DVR, what receivers will I be needing? Also will a dish and LNB upgrade be required? What units will I want for that?

The 722/722K is a dual tuner DVR. It has 2 sat inputs and outputs for 2 separate tvs. TV1 is HD and TV2 is SD. Both will have access to all the DVR functions.
You will pay an add'l $6 a month DVR fee but you won't need to pay an add'l outlet fee for a 2nd rec
If you don't need DVR, a 222/222K works the same way without the DVR functions and fee
Depending where you live, you will need a 1K.2 or 1K.4 dish to get HD programming

what market locals are you suppose to get?

Some locals are set up with a different modulation (8PSK...like the HD uses) and the old 2700's wont work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)