What new HD channels this week?

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
If you listened to this week's podcast, you would know that new hd channels are expected this week. What channels do you think will launch. I think SciFiHD, USAHD and SpeedHD. Maybe some more. That would be nice.

What do you think?

What channels do you think will launch. I think SciFiHD, USAHD and SpeedHD. Maybe some more. That would be nice.

Since Speed hasn't been on any of the logo slates in the recent chats, I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

Since Speed hasn't been on any of the logo slates in the recent chats, I wouldn't hold your breath for that one.

Yeah, that's true. I was thinking for some reason that they had it listed but you're right. I still think we see a few national channels this week.

Scott said in the podcast that Dish HD customers should be really happy this week Seems most logical national channels would be the ones already uplinked like:
USA - SciFi - Tennis - MGM - Smithsonian - Mojo etc
Fingers crossed!

Scott said in the podcast that Dish HD customers should be really happy this week Seems most logical national channels would be the ones already uplinked like:
USA - SciFi - Tennis - MGM - Smithsonian - Mojo etc
Fingers crossed!
Maybe you are making too big a leap of faith there.

When I was in the Navy, the saying was , "A bitching sailor is a happy sailor".

Seems like some folks around here aren't happy unless they are ranting and complaining so maybe Scott meant by the end of this week, there will be some really happy forum members!

:D

Seems like some folks around here aren't happy unless they are ranting and complaining so maybe Scott meant by the end of this week, there will be some really happy forum members!

That's funny :D

You are right on that ... LOL! I read on the D* board somebody bitching that D* hasn't anything lately and was getting mad. Some are never happy!

lol, I was in the Navy as well. 10 years. This is turning into a naval thread. The navy was also big on "busy work" which is kind of what it seems like E* has been doing lately. Keeping busy but not accomplishing much. Hopefully tomorrow in a step in another direction.

Scott said DishHD customers will be happy... you don't have to be a DishHD customer to get HD Locals... paying the HD Access Fee of $6.00 or so gives you that. I'd believe it's national channels.

On the Navy subject, we had a neighbor go off to Navy boot camp last month and now he's back at home. We're trying to figure out what could have happened but don't want to be rude and ask. Oh well.

I suspect that some HD LIL's will go live and more national HD will be uplinked but not made available...yet.

I think Dish is going to be focusing on locals only for now. If you recall at CES, they announced new HD LiL's by end of March, but no new national HD for a few more months. Assuming they are focusing on that, I bet national HD takes a back seat for a few weeks.

Hey sailors? Is the 1MC still stuck in your head?

"Reveille! Reveille! Heave out! Trice up!"
"Sweepers, sweepers. Man your brooms."
"Tattoo"
"General Quarters! General Quarters!..."
"Commence Dumping Trash. Two Man Rule applies"
"Set Condition One Alpha for LCACs"

For you old salts, if you haven't seen this video clip... REVEILLE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts