What new HD channels this week?

Unless I see something, I do not believe "any" so called talk about items from Dish. I heard so many new and wonderful things this past year, that never came true.

Navy - 1968-1974. One expression I always remember, that until Google I never knew where it originated: The Navy: "a master plan designed by geniuses for execution by idiots." (The Caine Mutiny). We were told when designing things to "sailor-proof them", that is, to ask what would the average sailor do. Sorta like the time a sailor asked "what does this red button do" and doused an awards cermony on the hangar deck with fire suppressant.

Maybe because I was not in the navy, I don't think there will be any new National HD this week.

I just don't see any reason why they would do Speed or USA or Sci-fi this week versus any other week. What has changed? Nothing.

I think we might see ESPN News, ABC Family and Disney next week. They are launching new so there would be a reason for next week.

Maybe because I was not in the navy, I don't think there will be any new National HD this week.

I just don't see any reason why they would do Speed or USA or Sci-fi this week versus any other week. What has changed? Nothing.

I think we might see ESPN News, ABC Family and Disney next week. They are launching new so there would be a reason for next week.

Like you, I haven't seen any reason to believe that the likelihood of new national HD becoming AVAILABLE any time soon has increased. The situation has basically stayed like it has for the past who-knows-how-long. A random walk. Maybe yes, maybe no. Uplinks, of course don't mean much but they're pretty well in the same boat.

Dish probably has already signed agreements for certain channels which have not started up yet. They could easily be reserving bandwidth for those channels and will turn them on as they come online (perhaps from the Disney group). The others (e.g. SciFi-HD, USA-HD) most likely are not under contract and who knows what the likelihood is that they ever will be?

New LIL HD, OTOH, appears to be more likely only because Charlie has given us an actual schedule.

Hey sailors? Is the 1MC still stuck in your head?

"Reveille! Reveille! Heave out! Trice up!"
"Sweepers, sweepers. Man your brooms."
"Tattoo"
"General Quarters! General Quarters!..."
"Commence Dumping Trash. Two Man Rule applies"
"Set Condition One Alpha for LCACs"

For you old salts, if you haven't seen this video clip... REVEILLE

4 years Navy (bubblehead). "The smoking lamp is now lit"!!

5 years in the USN, 1974-1979. Stationed in Key West for 3.
My wife wants to switch to Direct, so far I've been able to hold off. Some National HD this week would help my argument.

I'm optimistic we'll see some HD. But that's based on Scott's optimism.

Don't remember if Scott has been in the Navy or not, but he HAS been optimistic before. I hope he's right, but I am riding the streak I have been riding since groundhog day: I will believe it when I see it.

Can anyone SAY, OFF TOPIC? Sea-men, we are back on land. Didn't you love being on a ship of men for six months. hmmmm... nice big muscles with almost no ladies around.

I was also in the Navy, 4 years 77-81. I was a Radioman, everyone on the ship new we were the first ones to know where the next liberty port was, we were not allowed to say until it was officially announced, however some of my radioman buddies loved to spread false rumors. Now I know no one around here would do this would they? :D

On a WestPac in 91-92, we were supposed to go to Hong Kong but had to skip it due to a typhoon, cruised right past Subic because they closed it, and scratched Austrailia off the list because we sat off Somalia in mod lock for 2 months. At least we stopped for a week at Patia Beach!

What boat?

On a WestPac in 91-92, we were supposed to go to Hong Kong but had to skip it due to a typhoon, cruised right past Subic because they closed it, and scratched Austrailia off the list because we sat off Somalia in mod lock for 2 months. At least we stopped for a week at Patia Beach!

That sounds oddly familiar.. What ship were you on.. I was on the New Orleans LPH-11 and we did the exact same thing except we were on the way to Singapore and we stayed on station off of Somalia long enough to get our two beers, when I left the ship I think we were at something like 63 days (I got lucky and had to start C-School).

Jeez you squids can't stay on mission. Here's to hoping SciFi and USA-HD light up tomorrow.

As a dirt eating Army vet, I'm getting tired of all this squiddy talk. Air Assault! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)