What one should I choose?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can you point me in the right direction as to a good FTA system ?
any help would be great.
thanks

Check out the systems at Sadoun. VERY reasonable, and they even have a 2% off code in their forum area. I bought the S-1 system and it will be here today. With some cable and waht nots, it was only $230ish with shipping!

Considering this is the FTA area, of course we will say FTA. thats like going to a Ford fan site and saying "should I get a Ford or a Chevy"

My suggestion is to do some reading on FTA. There are good threads here. Check out the below link to see what you can get 24/7 on FTA and see if it is worth the time & effort. There are "feeds" that are not documented but that takes some patience. If you are looking for a simple plug and play, FTA probably isnt for you.

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

Thanks for the info all they do have some great deals. Are the motorized systems good as far as the motors holding up?

I've used a motorized system for 2+ years now with no issues (and it can get cold here in Minnesota)

The fact that you are considering a HDDVD i take it that you want to consider the HD content that you can get with a FTA setup?

In that case, you should invest in a C-band dish if possible ( more content there)and at least a receiver that does HD and 4:2:2 (Quali or maybe a DBV card)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)