What orbital positions are need for DirecTV these days?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

philhu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 1, 2004
Cold Boston Area
It used to be 101/110/119

What is needed now?

The reason I ask is that I live in a forest. I picked up 101, 110 and 119 on seperate dishes long ago. Can you use seperate dishes now?

So I want to sight the sats and elevations, I have a meter, before having an installer come out to tell me I can't do it :(

I live in 01760/boston area.

Thanks
Phil

I asked a question similar to this in an old thread. But is there a way to set it up that you use just ONE dish (either D* or E*) for both services? I have an install set for Friday and I'm extremely nervous about it. There's a very small gap in between trees that my current E* dish is pointed towards. The D* dish will need to point within that same gap which could be a problem unless a second dish can go DIRECTLY above the first one since it's on the corner of my roof so it can cath that opening in the trees.

For all HD and domestic channels (new sats in bold): 99/101/103/110/119

Can you still use seperate dishes if needed?

I can probably get 99/101/103 on one dish, but 110 and 119 are coming from elsewhere in the yard.

That still possible?

I can probably get 99/101/103 on one dish, but 110 and 119 are coming from elsewhere in the yard.

That still possible?

You should be able to do that if you are using a MS.

The 99a and 103 use different LNB's so you will need to make sure you have the correct LNB's to get the proper signals.

Jimbo

I asked a question similar to this in an old thread. But is there a way to set it up that you use just ONE dish (either D* or E*) for both services? I have an install set for Friday and I'm extremely nervous about it. There's a very small gap in between trees that my current E* dish is pointed towards. The D* dish will need to point within that same gap which could be a problem unless a second dish can go DIRECTLY above the first one since it's on the corner of my roof so it can cath that opening in the trees.

Jay,
You can have a feed up to about 200 ft, there's no where that you can get a better signal if you move to the property line or something like that ?

Jimbo

That still possible?

Actually, you CAN use two seperate dishes for this, but they HAVE to be the 1st generation Ka/Ku dishes... the ones with the seperate LNBs on the side. Use the first for the 99/101/103 with NO "side car" attached, and the second aligned to the 110/119 with dual lines running only from the the side car, with which you'd be running INTO the open ports on the 1st dish (99/101/103). Now whether you'd still be able to FIND the 1st gens is another story ;) Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts