What Religious Channel Do you Want Added?

There have been discussions with Family Land to be available on FTA, and a very good uplink budget was offered. They are not sure that people would watch them.

If you are interested in Family Land being available on Glorystar, take a few minutes to call or email them. They are listening and are interested to know if people miss and want their channel!

do they have a link?

I would love to see Spirit and TVU on glory star -- it would tempt me to get one of their systems, specially with skyangel going to IPTV.

Out of curiosity - can GloryStar give a "ballpark" for the one-time and ongoing costs that would be associated with uplinking a radio station or a TV station to their platform?

In addition - is there any possibility of BBN radio being added to G*? I disagree with BBN on some matters of doctrine, but a relative of mine really enjoys their programming, and having BBN would really help convince him to get G*. He does not have cheap broadband available, so it's likely he will not move to SA-IPTV.

Any music related channels, radio or TV, would be something my wife would love. I've also encouraged her to contact any stations she likes to let them know she watches via G*.

Out of curiosity - can GloryStar give a "ballpark" for the one-time and ongoing costs that would be associated with uplinking a radio station or a TV station to their platform?

An approximate cost for a stereo audio with good quality (128K) is $1800 per month as a turn without playout service with one of our uplink partners. We have several stations that do not require perfect timing for affiliate rebroadcasting use fixed IP with VLC to relay their signal to the uplink facility. Total cost for relay and uplink is well below $2k per month. Longer contracts = better pricing!

Glorystar1 would a TV station be ~10 times more?
Bob

An approximate cost for a stereo audio with good quality (128K) is $1800 per month as a turn without playout service with one of our uplink partners. We have several stations that do not require perfect timing for affiliate rebroadcasting use fixed IP with VLC to relay their signal to the uplink facility. Total cost for relay and uplink is well below $2k per month. Longer contracts = better pricing!

What do you define as "with out playout service"?

Would like to see: GTN, Familyland, TLN, Safe TV, VOHJ

I know it is not just religious programming, but it does have family oriented TV and some religious specials. I would like to see GTN (Guardian Television Network) which is broadcasting on Skyangel. I would also like to see Familyland on Glorystar. TLN (Total Living Network) and Safe TV would be great additions as well. Voice of Hope Jerusalem on the radio side is a great medium to.

Just ordered my Glorystar system yesterday and it is on the way. I look forward to enjoying it and saying adios to Skyangel, which has become something much different than when I first subscribed to them.

Thanks for hearing my suggestions and many years of prosperous life to Glorystar! :)

Last edited:
welcome :wave to the forum :)

I watch TLN on my big dish (6 footer) and they have some really good shows on there. The cool part of TLN (on C-band0 is there is 5 feeds
TLN cable
TLN Sky Angel
3 local versions of TLN (Vegas, SF are and Chicago)

Thanks Iceberg! And I want to thank you for all the valuable info you put up on the forum!

I did not realize TLN was that big with the uplinking. They would be a fantastic addition to Glorystar in my estimation.

I wonder how many channels will leave Skyangel with their switch to IPTV (and in my estimation loss of customer base) and how many will appear on Glorystar?

But I don't want to pull a thread hijack especially being the newbee, so will reaffirm that TLN addition LOL.

Thanks Iceberg! And I want to thank you for all the valuable info you put up on the forum!
thanks for the kind words :)

I did not realize TLN was that big with the uplinking. They would be a fantastic addition to Glorystar in my estimation.
yep. They own 3 stations (WCFC Rockford IL which is the "mothership", KTLN San Francisco and KEEN Las Vegas) along with a Sky Angel feed and a feed for cable. So to get the programming to each of the stations, they have to beam it up via satellite.

Couple of links to the stations (including the official sites)
KEEN
KEEN-LP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
KTLN
KTLN-TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
WCFC
WCFC-CA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I don't want to pull a thread hijack especially being the newbee, so will reaffirm that TLN addition LOL.

nah. Just start a new thread :)
And if you need any help when you get your Glorystar system, we're here to help :)

Glorystar,

I have emailed out "letters of interest" to stations that i would like to see on Glorystar (giving you a little free publicity) to the stations I mentioned on the forum here that I would like to see. I receive back a very nice email from VOH (Voice of Hope Jerusalem).

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this. We’re looking into it. We’re not sure what our contractual obligations with SkyAngel will be when they move to IPTV as far as other satellite services, but we’re checking. Perhaps you could email Glorystar Satellite and let them know your desire to have us on their Satellite? What do you think? I don’t see that they have anything from Israel.

Again, thank you.

Shalom!

Marjorie Carpenter
Corporate Secretary
Assistant to the President

So I am writing my "email" to express my desire :) . Also, just wanted to let you know that the channels I mentioned prior, and probably many more, are taking a serious look at you. This could truly make you THE premier Christian satellite service in the world! Only bigger and better things for Glorystar from here on out I believe.

Thanks again for a great service!

Unless the channel signed an exclusive contract to be on SA there's no reason why they couldn't go to Glorystar.

and you are right on one front
Only bigger and better things for Glorystar from here on out I believe.
I believe too. I've got a couple friends who want to get a system once their lease ends on their apartment (no spot to put). They've seen my setup and really like it

Voting?

There have been a lot of good suggestions for channel additions. A couple are channels that I would like to see.

At first I didn't post about these because they had already been mentioned. Later I realized that it might be useful to the Glorystar people to know that multiple people are interested in a particular channel.

Rather than a string of "me too" posts, would it be possible to create a list of channels that could be voted on?

Right now the only way to get a sense of demand for a particular channel is to count the posts. A poll would simplify that process and also allow the group to follow the numbers.

Or, I could post about 5 "me too" messages for my most wished-for channels :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts