What Religious Channel Do you Want Added?

As a Sky Angel customer about to lose the lifetime service, I would like to see the following:

Worship
Spirit
TVU
HisKids Radio
Angel Two

Cheers!

(BTW, I'm disappointed but not bitter about the whole switch from DBS to IPTV.)

Angel Two might be tough as its a SA owned channel...TVU & Spirit are on the same C-Band transponder right now and Worship is on another C-Band TP (same as Ion & Qubo) so its possible.

I have another radio station recommendation but if Glorystar can pull this off, I'll know that it was by devine providence!

KPDQ FM, Portland, Oregon.
(station link) (wiki)

They are primarily a Christian information station with a lot of the popular radio ministries (similar to Bott Radio Network). They are very supportive of the Church in Northwest Oregon / Southwest Washington. They are owned & run by Salem Communications and I know they have their stations all over the country but KPDQ is kind of special...and run very professionally.

And I keep recommending channels that are on Sky Angel but I'm going to recommend Sacred Favorites Radio as well. Once SA is done on the satellite, I'm going to miss pretty much all of the radio stations that were on their service.

I know Safe TV has considered going Ku band in the past. I have recently repeated the suggestion with my last donation.

I corresponded with Spirit Television about it and the comment made to me was that if they were convinced that FTA had enough viewers, they would consider it. I took the liberty of contacting someone at Glorystar with his information and assume they discussed it. Nothing happened at that time but... since they were promised to go back on SA full-time, that may have kept them from paying for an additional uplink. Once SA quits DBS, Spirit could go Ku band.

The best thing is to write to these channels and suggest they go with Glorystar. If you support them financially, include the suggestion with each of your donations.

Spirit Television Network
PO Box 1887
Westerville, Ohio 43086
spirit@spirit-television.com

That is what I have been doing Shane. Voice of Hope Jerusalem appears to be interested in looking into Glorystar, GTN said it was not in their capabilities at the time, but in the future if they can find the technological means they may look into it, and I haven't heard from the others yet.

But getting responses if pretty darn good in my estimation.

Angel Two might be tough as its a SA owned channel...

Yeah, I know. ;)

The reason I like this channel is for some of the special presentations they offer. The Sky Angel brand has been a good draw for some outfits like WallBuilders. Now that Glorystar is gaining momentum and recognition and Sky Angel is declining, I would hope that some of these content providers consider the Glorystar platform. I am a big fan of WallBuilders and will be contacting Mr. Barton to suggest the Glorystar system for future broadcasts of their programming.

Really, it is a shame about Sky Angel. While they had a tough challenge, I thought is was do-able. In the end, I think they fell victim to many of their own poor decisions (the transponder agreement with E*, secular channel packaging, move to IPTV, etc). Given the decision to transition all customers to a new delivery system with new equipment requirements, one wonders why they did not choose to go FTA (partner with Glorystar?). At least then they would not alienate the customers for whom broadband access is not available.

Just wanted to reaffirm a previous vote to get Faith TV on to Glorystar. One thing that there is not enough of is Christian Movie Channels. Faith TV could help to fill that void.

Also, I notived that there is a network (alomost like a free premium movie channel for families) that broadcasts on Galaxy 25 satellite which is called GNF Movie Channel. According to the website, it is a family oriented movie channel. They also have radio stations as well. Not sure if it would fit in with Glorystar's package, but having a family oriented channel might not be a bad thing to add on to the programming (as long as it is TRULY FAMILY ORIENTED).

I don't know, just a thought. Not to many movie channels out there that you can actually let your children watch without having to censor it about a hundred times a day.

http://www.gnfent.com/

GNF is one of those channels which would be great to scan into your Glorystar system if it meets your standards of acceptable programming , but definately not one that we will preprogram.

The reviews of the latest war game for gamers is not too family friendly....

Thanks for the warning Glorystar1. As I said, I was not to familiar with the channel, only what the website said and showed. I appreciate you watching out for us. Especially since the whole point of buying Glorystar was to have SAFE television for the whole family. :up

Also, I notived that there is a network (alomost like a free premium movie channel for families) that broadcasts on Galaxy 25 satellite which is called GNF Movie Channel. According to the website, it is a family oriented movie channel. They also have radio stations as well. Not sure if it would fit in with Glorystar's package, but having a family oriented channel might not be a bad thing to add on to the programming (as long as it is TRULY FAMILY ORIENTED).

I don't know, just a thought. Not to many movie channels out there that you can actually let your children watch without having to censor it about a hundred times a day.

http://www.gnfent.com/

Unfotunatly most of what is on there is below b movies (more like D movies) ...I have seen some stuff on there that looks like it was shot with a home video camera, they do show pop eye and the 3 stooges but they have a bad cable somwhere and there is a constant dc hum...I can only watch for a few min before I have to move on.

Unfotunatly most of what is on there is below b movies (more like D movies) ...I have seen some stuff on there that looks like it was shot with a home video camera, they do show pop eye and the 3 stooges but they have a bad cable somwhere and there is a constant dc hum...I can only watch for a few min before I have to move on.

They fixed the hum... I don't get it anymore.

Their music channel is pretty interesting. I haven't watched much of it yet but their schedule has quite a few concerts and stuff on it. I'll check it out for sure. I added both to our channel lineup and my wife thought it was the coolest thing to get free movie and music channel. Maybe I should have gotten that motor. ;)

The Liberty Channel

Would love to see the Liberty channel. (The Late Jerry Fawell Station ) I have it on Sky-Angel but since I will be losing SA . I will no longer get to watch it. I ordered my Glorystar package today!! I am looking foward to all the great Channels and programs on "Glorystar" esp. :music "Gospel Music Television" (GMTN). Thank you Glorystar for coming to the rescue. I will be telling all my friends about "Glorystar". "Keep up the good work!!!

glad you got a Glorystar system cellis. If you have any issues setting it up let us know :)

GMTN is a great channel. I'm happy they added it :)

Figured I would try to save a dying thread LOL. Any new news on potential new channels yet? Also, any news on CTN deciding to continue on Glorystar?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)