What Religious Channel Do you Want Added?

Also, here is another to add to the list "TheSet" it is a "Southern Gospel Music Channel"
It is also called "Southern Entertainment Television" Very Good Gospel Music!!
their web page is, theset.net Check their web page out, (very nice) give them a call or send an email
let them know you would love to see them on "GloryStar" !!

Last edited:
TVU and RadioU

I have 8 children and most of the neighbor kids call me "Mom" and are at my home as much as their own. TVU and RadioU are on almost continuously via SkyAngel. It has been the greatest witnessing tool next to walking the talk. I'm a lifetime SA subscriber, thanks to a small inheritance from my grandmother. Rumor has it that Lifetime Subs will be dumped when SkyAngel moves to IPTV. As my husband left us a few months after our 8th baby was born and we live in poverty (financially, anyway), SkyAngel will be leaving us in the dust. :confused:
I am looking at GloryStar and other FTA options and the availability of TVU and RadioU would cinch the deal for me.
Gotta figure out where the money will come from now. :p

Ewtn

I would like to see EWTN, which is probably the oldest Catholic channel out there. I am Protestant, but I still enjoy watching some of their programs. And they also want to include non-Catholics in their audience.

New Channels

I read through this thread and there are many request for channels. Since I don't have Glorystar I don't have any background on it's workings other than what I have read here. I have Sky Angel at this time and my knowledge of the satellites are that there are a limited number of transponders which limits the number of channels that can be put up. It appears that there are only two satellites that Glorystar uses, and that limits how many channels that can be added. Who owns these two satellites that they use and how much room is left on them? Does Glorystar have a working agreement with them? How much room is left on them? Can anymore satellites be added?

Bob Johnson's vision for Sky Angel was to own their own satellite so as he often said "so there would not be a gate keeper". It's unfortunate that his goal was never realized. Now there is competition that didn't exist 10 years ago. I became a life time member 12 years ago before any of the satellites were ever launched . This was Bob's dream in the beginning. And as a side note, it was a life time of the member, not the satellite as some have said. They did even exist then. Contracts may have changed later for life time members, but mine says it's for my life time, not the satellite. Watch this video of Bob's vision. </title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"> <meta name="keywords" content=""> <meta name="description" content=""> <meta name="author" content="Dominion Video Satellite, Inc (DVS)"> <meta name="robots" content="I

My concern for Glorystar is how they will be able to accomplish putting so many channels on. And keeping them there. Obviously they don't own the satellites. Can anyone put some light on it? Maybe Glorystar can reply?

My concern for Glorystar is how they will be able to accomplish putting so many channels on. And keeping them there. Obviously they don't own the satellites. Can anyone put some light on it? Maybe Glorystar can reply?

The channels that are being shown are free to air which any FTA box can get. "Glorystar" is a name that takes some of those channels and markets it for Christian viewing. Glorystar has their own box which is designed to get just the religious channels (its preprogrammed). Sure you can add the "other" channels up there but its mainly for the religious channels. They market a setup that allows you to get 2 satellites off one dish. Free to air uses KU Band which is weaker than DBS so you need a larger dish (36")

But as for channel capacity, lets see
On IA5 (Galaxy 25 at 97 degrees west) there are 5 transponders that the channels can show up on. There are other transponders there but those are for a subscription service called Globecast.
On AMC4 (101 west) there are 3 transponders that are "owned" by the stations (3ABN, Adventist & LLBN). There is one transponder that they are "renting space" and have some channels on.

You figure on average you can get 12 video channels on a transponder without alot of mushiness. Sure on the Globecast ones I've seen 14 but they look horrible. Also there are some audio channels only and those do not take up much room (I think its 6-8 audio for one video channel)

Check out their site
Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems - Free Christian Satellite TV and Radio - Glorystar.tv - Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems

Channels

Thanks Iceberg:hatsoff: I kind of thought what you said was the case. I really don't have the time to fool around with moving a dish around to different satellites or installing several dishes pointing at them all. Looking through some of this FTA stuff looks like a lot of work. I have always been very satisfied with just turning on the receiver with everything right there on the menu with Sky Angel and looking through the channels. I don't want to waste a lot of time trying to find stuff out there. Ice, from reading some of your messages it looks like your whole life is wrapped up in it. I just want to be able to turn it on when and if I want to. Convenience is important to me. That is what the problem was in the old days with the big dish, too much work moving around to the different satellites. With dbs all that ended with stationary dishes and combined menus. What is the menu like on FTA? or is there even one on it? I like to be able to scan the programs to see what's on and with Dish you can also look ahead to see what's on. Plus, I receive the Sky Angel magazine with the program guide and listing of specials coming up. Quickly deciding what to watch is important, not spending 20 minutes looking through everything. With FTA I don't think you get that? Does Glorystar provide anything? Since it's free, I doubt they could afford to do it, or do they? What generates their revenue?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. I'm still mulling this around with Sky Angel in trouble and looking for alternatives. Internet is 'not' one of them.

...I don't want to waste a lot of time trying to find stuff out there. ...I just want to be able to turn it on when and if I want to. Convenience is important to me. That is what the problem was in the old days with the big dish, too much work moving around to the different satellites. With dbs all that ended with stationary dishes and combined menus. What is the menu like on FTA? or is there even one on it? I like to be able to scan the programs to see what's on and with Dish you can also look ahead to see what's on. Plus, I receive the Sky Angel magazine with the program guide and listing of specials coming up. Quickly deciding what to watch is important, not spending 20 minutes looking through everything. With FTA I don't think you get that? Does Glorystar provide anything? Since it's free, I doubt they could afford to do it, or do they? What generates their revenue?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide. I'm still mulling this around with Sky Angel in trouble and looking for alternatives. Internet is 'not' one of them.

The glorystar system is always aimed at two satellites so the menu shows all of the channels. You don't need to move the dish. Glorystar does not have an electronic program guide, but may in the future. Glorystar's business model is entirely different from SA's, they get revenue from the sale of equipment without the overhead of renting the transponder space. The transponders are rented by each of the church ministries from the satellite provider. Hence the risk is spread to each of those church ministries.

The cost of entry is low for each viewer ($200) such that the market is easily populated. I know of some churches that are installing Glorystar systems as an outreach to members and community. It is not a Sky Angel direct replacement - but better the IPTV I believe.
Bob

I would love to see BVOV TV (and radio-although radio is a simulcast) From Kenneth Copeland Ministries. They are on Internet stream but my internet is so slow that I can only get the audio off the TV. The radio feed is too high quality, therefore bandwith for my web connection! They may want to partner with another ministry as they do repeat their programing on-line.

Programs

The more I look at programming it appears that Sky Angel is still much different than what Glorystar offers. SA has many programs that they put up for free on Sky Angel 1 & 2 that I watch. None of them that I know of are ministries that have their own uplinks to any of the satellites. In that respect we will lose a lot if SA goes off satellite. There are programs and specials that SA produces that are found nowhere else. The other channels on SA are mostly available on the other satellites, but are not always FTA.

Sky Angel would not exist if it wasn't for the life time members like myself that funded them in the beginning. If we are rejected, it is a sad day indeed. Bob Johnson would have had nothing do with it if he were alive. His vision was satellite, not internet. Internet is another method of delivery, but not to the exclusion of satellite. The cost for high speed internet is expensive and not affordable or even available in many cases. It is not available where I live and I doubt I would pay the price if it was. :wave

I just found out about Golden Eagle Broadcasting and since they said they were on AMC4 I tried to pick it up but found out it was on the C band side. I emailed them to asked them to come to the KU so we could get them on Glorystar. :hungry: I spent the day putting in 18 yard of cement so I did not get a chance to work on my system today, but will tomorrow.
I love TBN and Daystar--- Thank YOU Glorystar for your great service!
POP:) :) :)

Catholci Chanel Aded
Ewtn Us
Ewtn Latinameria
Marivson
Rdio Amri Itnrnaconal
Motnemaria
El Smebrador Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts