What Retro TV Shows Would You Want To See

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Remington Steele
Barnaby Jones
Time Tunnel
Land of the Giants

Those are a couple I haven't seen in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Some shows that you may or may not remember. The first I'm sure you will. From what I've heard many of the shows are gone forever.A Complete "Captain Kangaroo" show IN COLOR - from 1976 - part 1 of 4!! - YouTube
I loved Captain Kangaroo on CBS and would love to see them again.
Also another show called Big Blue Marble
And Mulligans Stew that was shown in School when I was a child Mulligan Stew Children's 1970's Educational Program - YouTube
Hot L Baltimore was a 1975 Comedy by Norman Lear. Only lasted 13 or show episodes but I thought it was funny.
[h=1][/h]

Last edited by a moderator:
Some shows that you may or may not remember. The first I'm sure you will. From what I've heard many of the shows are gone forever.A Complete "Captain Kangaroo" show IN COLOR - from 1976 - part 1 of 4!! - YouTube
I loved Captain Kangaroo on CBS and would love to see them again.
Also another show called Big Blue Marble
And Mulligans Stew that was shown in School when I was a child Mulligan Stewhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0HWlrTaN0g
Hot L Baltimore was a 1975 Comedy by Norman Lear. Only lasted 13 or show episodes but I thought it was funny.

I remember Captain Kangaroo! I loved that show! We only had a 19" black and white TV though until 1970.
But my grandparents had a HUGE color console, I think it was a whoppingly enormous 21" or maybe even a monster 25" set!
So I was always begging to go spend the night at Grandma's house and especially on weekends..

I remember Mulligan stew as well. Our teacher handed out little work books on the show and we were supposed to watch it and do homework on it.
Wow... 100 million years ago...

I haven't contributed too much on this thread, but I have one for you.

Back in the early nineties, right around the time Dr Quin Medicine Woman came out, there was a Space Marine show, called something like ... "Above and Beyond." I think that related more to the supposed heroism than the fact that they were SO FAR out in space with that one.

Does anyone remember that?

Photto

Dee_Ann said:
I remember Captain Kangaroo! I loved that show! We only had a 19" black and white TV though until 1970.
But my grandparents had a HUGE color console, I think it was a whoppingly enormous 21" or maybe even a monster 25" set!
So I was always begging to go spend the night at Grandma's house and especially on weekends..

I remember Mulligan stew as well. Our teacher handed out little work books on the show and we were supposed to watch it and do homework on it.
Wow... 100 million years ago...

Yeah. I have all of the Mulligan Stew shows. 6 shows in all. One of the original cast members contacted me after I posted a clip on YouTube.

Sent from the Planet Earth

Wow, this is weird, because I looked up this show and it says it aired in 1977. NO WAY. In 1977 I was 16yro and driving.
I would not have watched this kid show in those years.. Nope.

I remember this when I was in elementary school in the late 60's or early 70's. Like 3rd or 4th grade so I'm thinking that was like sometime between 1968 and 1970 at the most.
In 1977 I was into Boone's Farm, not Mulligan Stew.. In my teen years I didn't even watch TV anymore unless it was the original Saturday Night Live (Akroyd, Curtain, etc..)

I don't know who tagged it as 1977 but there's no way that's right. :confused:

UNLESS, perhaps there was some other scholastic type kid show in the 60's that was similar that I'm thinking of..

edit: MAYBE, I saw it while I was baby sitting. I did do some of that in the day for gas and partying money. Maybe that's how it snuck into my memories.. :confused:
Back in the day I was a wild child hippie chick. Still am a little bit, just without the partying now.. :hippie:

Last edited:
Wow, this is weird, because I looked up this show and it says it aired in 1977. NO WAY. In 1977 I was 16yro and driving.
I would not have watched this kid show in those years.. Nope.

I remember this when I was in elementary school in the late 60's or early 70's. Like 3rd or 4th grade so I'm thinking that was like sometime between 1968 and 1970 at the most.
In 1977 I was into Boone's Farm, not Mulligan Stew.. In my teen years I didn't even watch TV anymore unless it was the original Saturday Night Live (Akroyd, Curtain, etc..)

I don't know who tagged it as 1977 but there's no way that's right. :confused:

UNLESS, perhaps there was some other scholastic type kid show in the 60's that was similar that I'm thinking of..

edit: MAYBE, I saw it while I was baby sitting. I did do some of that in the day for gas and partying money. Maybe that's how it snuck into my memories.. :confused:
Back in the day I was a wild child hippie chick. Still am a little bit, just without the partying now.. :hippie:
Two Different shows. Mulligan Stew was a show made by 4h to promote Good NutritionMulligan Stew (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Mulligan's Stew was a NBC ShowMulligan's Stew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[h=1][/h]

Two Different shows. Mulligan Stew was a show made by 4h to promote Good NutritionMulligan Stew (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Mulligan's Stew was a NBC ShowMulligan's Stew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AH HA!!!!!!!!

Man! I was trippin out there! Thank you for clarifying this for me! I thought I was gone bonkers. My teen years were pretty foggy, if ya know what I mean.
Both my grandmother and grandfather died in the same month so I just stayed stoned to cope with it back then. I've tried to forget those years..
I really don't remember watching any TV as a teen except for SNL. For awhile there I was wondering if I was having some drain bamage there..

4H? Yep. I was in that too. I raised a calf but I hated when they butchered it and MADE me be there in the butcher shop when they killed it and cut it up.
That was the most horrific thing I ever saw. Thus ended my 4H career.. I wish I had never gotten into that, that calf still haunts me.. :(

OMG!!!! Someone posted a scan of the old comic/work book.. Look at the grammar! And this was SCHOOL MATERIAL!!!

http://www.misterkitty.org/extras/stupidcovers/stupidcomics25.html

Check out the second image: "MAN, YOUR WAY OUT!" Really? Your WHAT is way out? How about YOU'RE ?? OMG!!
And people want to know why kids today are so stupid? It's been passed on by the people who are supposed to be the TEACHERS!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Last edited:
AH HA!!!!!!!!

Man! I was trippin out there! Thank you for clarifying this for me! I thought I was gone bonkers. My teen years were pretty foggy, if ya know what I mean.
Both my grandmother and grandfather died in the same month so I just stayed stoned to cope with it back then. I've tried to forget those years..
I really don't remember watching any TV as a teen except for SNL. For awhile there I was wondering if I was having some drain bamage there..

4H? Yep. I was in that too. I raised a calf but I hated when they butchered it and MADE me be there in the butcher shop when they killed it and cut it up.
That was the most horrific thing I ever saw. Thus ended my 4H career.. I wish I had never gotten into that, that calf still haunts me.. :(

OMG!!!! Someone posted a scan of the old comic/work book.. Look at the grammar! And this was SCHOOL MATERIAL!!!

Stupid Comics

Check out the second image: "MAN, YOUR WAY OUT!" Really? Your WHAT is way out? How about YOU'RE ?? OMG!!
And people want to know why kids today are so stupid? It's been passed on by the people who are supposed to be the TEACHERS!!!!!!! :facepalm:

Yeah, I have a comic book as well.

Isnt that on metv already?

I think there is probably quite a few on MeTV. I didn't even know I had MeTV OTA. I turned on the TV when I got home from work at 5am and caught the opening of Petticoat Jct! It was the newer (in color) version. I liked the B&W episodes better (at least the opening of the show anyway). What was awesome, is that one of the characters (guest appearance) was by Harold Perry (The Great Gildersleeve). Awesome!

That would be another retro-TV show that I would like to see, The Great Gildersleeve.

RADAR

EDIT: MeTV had two episodes of Petticoat Junction and two episodes of The Beverly HillBillies back to back. They played the very first episode of the BH's, it's been forever since I saw it. This is cool. I get 19 OTA dTV channels (depends on how I turn the antenna). Never even paid any attention to my OTA channels before.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)