• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

stanleyjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
south/central Ct,USA
Lets see what you use for your primary FTA recever!I use the solomend with a Geosatpro for another set up and a neusat hd for backup.I know im missing a few from the list!Just name it anyway in a comment.

Last edited:
I guess the Sathawk at the moment, since I've switched to it for Ku band. I still have two CS8000's in service, though, one backing up the Sathawk, and one controlling the miniBUD .
:)

I have 2 independent setups (1 for bedroom, 1 for mancave), both have a Coolsat 6000 as the primary receiver.

Bedroom setup is CS6K with Azbox Elite as slave, CS6K moves the Ku dish and Toshiba 1820 moves the BUD.

Mancave setup is CS6K with Diamond 9000/QualiTv as slaves. CS6K provides Ku motor control (no C-band here...yet)

Coolsat 5000 would be considered "main"...az box in setup too
GeoSatPro in computer room as backup

Pansat, HD blindscan and viewing
Fortec, SD blindscan and viewing
Visionsat, PVR

Good thing the poll lets you select more than one.

AZbox P+ & SV8000HD were my choice. You should of added PC Based units as well in the poll.

Also Prof 7500 in use.

I use the Fortec (s) for my primary receivers and the Visionsat for my install receiver. In the extended mode on the Visionsat...the signal and quality bar graphs can be seen better and the receiver seems more sensitive as well.

Primary Receiver Sonicview HD-8000

I'm still using the SonicView HD-8000 which I got off of Craigslist for $100 dollars.

Been my primary for about a year now and still love it.

Of course, I would love an AZBOX but gotta come off the dime to get one of those.

Pansat 3500 sd is currently main and only receiver. I used to have a dvb worldbox, but we left it in the attic where the computers used to be when we moved the computers to the main floor, and it was up there with no heating or cooling since there's no central air up there... it got fizzled out with overheating I guess... Wish I could make it work again. No idea if it's really the box itself or the weirdo US to UK electrical converter thingy that came with it that fried out... don't have a second one to test if it's the cord of the box. Don't have a coax wire to the main floor, so even if it did work, no way to test it at the moment.

Not on list

I use my Coolsats on System 2.. I guess as a main but not on the list is Dreambox 7020 which I would've said main all purpose do anything receiver on system 1...

then Neusat 6000P and 9000HD on my other system... and last but not least my Dreambox 500

I use the Fortec (s) for my primary receivers and the Visionsat for my install receiver. In the extended mode on the Visionsat...the signal and quality bar graphs can be seen better and the receiver seems more sensitive as well.

Bill, I also use my Visionsat outside at the dishes, a lot of the time. It has the most linear meter response for measuring Quality of any receiver I have ever used.

Pansat 9200 sees the most action. It's blindscan is very good.
Coolsat 8000 for S2 HD feeds and my Digitrans handles 4:2:2. :D:up

Azbox Elite X 2
Sathawk X2

All the receivers a man will ever need. For this week anyway....next week..who knows...:cool:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)