What Sat to use as TS for setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think this equipment is just poor Quality It does not respond to your directions, it still goes far west then locks up so you cant get it back east. goes right by signals that i want then i reset everything just to have it do it all over again. its the motor thats the problem here i beleive. I have tried it several time right as you described, and several times as Iceberg as said with motor just going off to far west then complete lock up. First problem i had was i could not get signals at all after 8 hours i find it was a subpar RG6 cable that came included in your instalation package, now my next problem must be user error?

Same thing happened to me with a Sat Control motor and Ivisionsat. Only the dish would slew all the way east and stop. Crazy thing! When I turned power off with the remote the dish would move all the way to the east stops. I fixed it by changing the firmware from 1.45 to 1.2 . Problems gone and working great.

That option is not in menu only edit opton i can find is for TP thats all that can be edited

Go into your menu and then find positioner setting, scroll down the list until you see positioner command. With your left or right arrows on the remote scroll through the list until you see disable limits. Hope this helps.

Go into your menu and then find positioner setting, scroll down the list until you see positioner command. With your left or right arrows on the remote scroll through the list until you see disable limits. Hope this helps.
Aww there it is Thanks

Thanks to all and thanks ng54 that did it changed firmware back to 1.2 now it is going to sats just right. I have most of them dead on all 70 Quality and above except 97 W cant get it past 40 Quality and if i pan it dosent help and if i adjust dish it throws other sats off?

Last edited:
Thanks to all and thanks ng54 that did it changed firmware back to 1.2 now it is going to sats just right. I have most of them dead on all 70 Quality and above except 97 W cant get it past 40 Quality and if i pan it dosent help and if i adjust dish it throws other sats off?

Good to hear your up and working except for 97W. Is there any flex in your mast at all. What I found with mine was it became slightly off plumb on certain satellites once I added the motor. Check the plumb when your at 97W. Just a thought on why you may be off on that one.

I will check for plumb tommorow, It was working great had 3 sats coming in great and motor going back and forth perfect, then it just goes off and motor locks up again and i get nothing cant get it back on track with anything less than a Motor reset and receiver reset, I cant go through this all summer. I am thinking now i should of just got one of the popular name brand receivers. All i was doing was channel surfing and that set it off. tonight was the first time i got to see whats on these sats and some of the channels look allmost HD quality on my TV set.

Last edited:
I can assure you that you have one of the better standard definition receivers available. I don't want you to take that review from the Guy that sold it to you, so maybe some of the other forum members can chime in here and review the quality of the Visionsat receiver.

Version 1.45 isn't exhibiting any motor control issues with our test units. Make sure that a Factory Reset is done after loading new firmware.

Where is the motor on the rotational scale when it "LOCKS UP"? In the middle of the scale, on the limits of the scale? What mode are you using the motor in? USALS, DISEqC 1.2 or a mixture of both? If the motor is swinging onto a limiter, this may indicate that USALS is not being used or that DiSEqC 1.2 commands are set for a satellite. Is the motor LED orange when the motor "locks up"? Does the motor LED blink Green (or Orange) indicating that it is receiving DiSEqC commands when the motor is "locked up"?

Often motor comand errors are the result of a poor fitting connection or damaged / deteriorating coax cabling. What coax cable are you now using? You stated that the cable that came with the kit is not working, so are you using an existing cable that was already installed at your home with a previous system or a new cable? What type of cable are your using? RG-6, RG-59?

Satellite AV does not include subpar installation supplies. It is possible that a cable can be defective or damaged. We provide very good grade installation supplies with all kits as we have found that many install problems are the result of using poor quality installation supplies or existing cables that are aging and possibly not of proper grade.

We extensively test our equipment before ever committing to purchase from a manufacturer and ship only equipment that we believe is of the highest quality. We know that equipment can be defective or fail during normal use. We stand behind any equipment that we sell with an above industry standard warranty and replacement policy.

If you believe that the motor is defective, please call and obtain a service order. We will test the motor and repair or replace the unit and ship it back at no charge if it is defective. If there is no problem found, you would only be responsible for shipping costs.

...I am thinking now i should of just got one of the popular name brand receivers...
You did.
If you'll read the comments from users here on the forum, you'll find both the receiver and the dealer are quite reliable, and a cut above.
I liked mine so well, I bought a second unit.

It is common to get overloaded with new equipment and so many new features and terminology.
That's why I like to suggest folks take a few days with their new receiver and a fixed dish, to get used to it before attaching the motor.
Good way to shake out the bugs, find the sats, work with the cables, and most importantly, the receiver menu which is always full of strange new things. - :cool:

Sounds like you're pretty much up to speed, and probably have just overlooked some tiny matter.
The folks on the forum are very helpful, and have helped many new users become successful.

I, too, have found my Visionsat to be an absolutely wonderful receiver. The PVR function has proved to be not only reliable but indispensable for my daily NASA-TV recordings during STS-123. My only wish would be for a new model with DVB-S2 and HD support :) I also own a Pansat 2700, and have operated many other consumer receivers, including models from Buzz, Fortec, and :eek: Satpros...

What ever happened DarrenS?
Its working great right now, as long as i am careful when i change channels and it changes sats when its moving i dont keep going through channels. I am using mosly AMC4 and Galaxy25 I scaned Galaxy 10R but i have OTO antenna so i get most of those local, now i am wondering why i even got a motor, I think those are the 3 main Sats right? I might just get the Dual LNB to get Galaxy25 and AMC4 and go stationary,now i am looking for a harddrive to hook up for DVR, Have not seen any good deals yet.

Its working great right now, as long as i am careful when i change channels and it changes sats when its moving i dont keep going through channels. I am using mosly AMC4 and Galaxy25 I scaned Galaxy 10R but i have OTO antenna so i get most of those local, now i am wondering why i even got a motor, I think those are the 3 main Sats right? I might just get the Dual LNB to get Galaxy25 and AMC4 and go stationary,now i am looking for a harddrive to hook up for DVR, Have not seen any good deals yet.

AMC3 has a great selection of PBS stations, and is one of my favorite birds. H2 and G11 are good for sports too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)