What sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TMair

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 12, 2010
Midway, Utah
Ok guys here's my first question, on a thread of it's own that is.
I wasn't sure where to post this so I am trying it here, if this is not the place please let me know.

I have a Primestar dish, I had it pointed to G-10 but not much up there now, I have a SonicView 360, hoping to up grade to an HD but in the meantime if you could only aim to one Ku sat which one would it be?
Thanks

That depends on what you want to watch. If you want the most choices on one sat>97W. But a lot of that is international channels. If you like news and newsfeeds, 72W, 91W, 99W.
And if you like horse racing go to 105W !!

Thanks guys, that helps a lot, I knew it was a vague question but didn't quite know any other way to ask.
And to be honest with you I don’t really know what I want to watch, just like knowing what is out there, and which sat has the most, since it is stationary.
Thanks again
Terry

Thanks guys, that helps a lot, I knew it was a vague question but didn't quite know any other way to ask.
And to be honest with you I don’t really know what I want to watch, just like knowing what is out there, and which sat has the most, since it is stationary.
Thanks again
Terry

97 has the most channels by far but most are either in farsi, arabic, or several Asian languages. The only channels that I do watch from that sat are Russia Today, Al Jazeera and PressTV

If the frequency (far left column) is 4 digits, then its C-Band
If its 5 digit then its KU

otherwise check out thelist at the top of the screen. It separates the KU from the C-Band

Hi, if it was me I would put two LNBs on it and set it up for 97 and 91W. That would give you quite a lot to enjoy. Or maybe even put three LNBs on it 91, 97 and 105W. Some adjustable LNB brackets and a DiSEqC switch would make this a snap to do. Hope this helps, DC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)