What satellite is this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Martyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
Annandale, VA
I was playing with my new meter today and stopped on what I thought was SES2 at 87W.

A scan revealed an encrypted mux called "Cruisesat" containing mainly Turner channels (CNN US, CNNI Latin America, CNN Espanol etc) but also some sports channels including Bein Sports, ESPN, ESPN 2 and SEC Network.

3849 H 13501

It seems to be about 4-6 degrees to the east of SES2, which would put it right around 83W, but I don't see and likely C-band satellite. Any ideas?

Arsat 2 @ 81.0°W
That mux has been ITC at times in the past week or so.

Thanks! I didn't bother looking at the footprint because Lyngsat said it was ku-only.

It's not often you receive a completely new satellite and orbital location for the first time!

Yeah, like Magic said, Arsat 2 @ 81.0W. That MUX is H.265 HEVC (but not 4K) so you'll need a receiver that supports H.265 to get any video if it goes ITC again. Some other receivers will scan the channels as radio and play the audio if it's not encrypted.

Reactions: MosFET77
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)