What Satellite?

Waffel

Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Coshocton,Ohio
I have an old orby dish I'm playing with. I'm trying to get galaxy 19 ku. I have something showing 67 channels -12 clear, others scrambled. Channel 1 is Revival - 2 nrbtv - 3 god tv - 4 cbn news -abd so on..
I can't figure how to ID the sat...pretty sure it's not gal19 but where do I go from here??
thanks for any info....

Reactions: c-spand
Although, not always up to date. You can use lyngsat to help identify which bird you have hit.

Welcome to Satellite Guys Waffel! Yep, I believe Mikel is correct. More about it in this thread. :)

Reactions: c-spand
I'm curious how you ended up pointing the dish 25 degrees in azimuth west and 9 degrees lower in elevation than where you thought it was. That's quite a bit off the mark. This would be good to understand for future orientation of your dish.
I used a hand held compass and a lot of guess work...
The dish was on the roof and I relocated it to my garage so I wouldn't have to climb. I'm retired and I'm on oxygen, - doesn't work well with climbing.
Anyhow, I mounted the dish, no signal meter...thats where the guess work took over..
Thanks for the quick replys.

I'm with you...no climbing! An FTA dish at ground level is a lot more fun and practical. One reason is if you can stand right behind a dish on its level, you can aim using a handheld compass quite accurately.

Personally, i find Dishpointer.com a god-send. I place the graphic exactly where the dish is located, and then select the satellite I am attempting to lock. It will then draw a LINE on the satellite map exactly where the signal is to be obtained. I zoom out a bit, and look where that line runs through on my property. Ie, i see that the line runs right over a particular tree, or over a fence corner etc, and then ill know exactly where to point the dish. I also use a signal meter and adjust my dish up and down and the signal lock brings a quick smile to my face.... I then fine tune it and lock it down. DishPointer.com is the first thing i do when setting up a new dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts