What Satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Waffel

Original poster
Sep 26, 2021
Coshocton,Ohio
I have an old orby dish I'm playing with. I'm trying to get galaxy 19 ku. I have something showing 67 channels -12 clear, others scrambled. Channel 1 is Revival - 2 nrbtv - 3 god tv - 4 cbn news -abd so on..
I can't figure how to ID the sat...pretty sure it's not gal19 but where do I go from here??
thanks for any info....

Reactions: c-spand
Although, not always up to date. You can use lyngsat to help identify which bird you have hit.

Welcome to Satellite Guys Waffel! Yep, I believe Mikel is correct. More about it in this thread. :)

Reactions: c-spand
I'm curious how you ended up pointing the dish 25 degrees in azimuth west and 9 degrees lower in elevation than where you thought it was. That's quite a bit off the mark. This would be good to understand for future orientation of your dish.
I used a hand held compass and a lot of guess work...
The dish was on the roof and I relocated it to my garage so I wouldn't have to climb. I'm retired and I'm on oxygen, - doesn't work well with climbing.
Anyhow, I mounted the dish, no signal meter...thats where the guess work took over..
Thanks for the quick replys.

I'm with you...no climbing! An FTA dish at ground level is a lot more fun and practical. One reason is if you can stand right behind a dish on its level, you can aim using a handheld compass quite accurately.

Personally, i find Dishpointer.com a god-send. I place the graphic exactly where the dish is located, and then select the satellite I am attempting to lock. It will then draw a LINE on the satellite map exactly where the signal is to be obtained. I zoom out a bit, and look where that line runs through on my property. Ie, i see that the line runs right over a particular tree, or over a fence corner etc, and then ill know exactly where to point the dish. I also use a signal meter and adjust my dish up and down and the signal lock brings a quick smile to my face.... I then fine tune it and lock it down. DishPointer.com is the first thing i do when setting up a new dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)