What should I do with older Dish receivers?

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I've been a Dish customer since 1995 or so...and have accumulated a number of receivers over the years. My current receivers are leased but prior to that the half dozen or so receivers I have amassed were not. I am moving in the next several weeks and am curious as to the options that might be available to sell/give away/dispose?

Thanks.

what model are they? if they are real old i.e. 2000-4000 series, just recycle them, even 301's and 5xx series are pretty much obsolete now....

One additional question...should I leave the Smartcards in the receivers or should I retain possession of them? I assume someone else using these receivers would obtain new Smartcards from Dish but I'm uncertain. Thanks.

One additional question...should I leave the Smartcards in the receivers or should I retain possession of them? I assume someone else using these receivers would obtain new Smartcards from Dish but I'm uncertain. Thanks.

if the receivers are as old as you say they are the cards are obsolete anyway.....the current cards are purple G3 (white G4, hopper only at this time) yours probably have blue G1 or yellow G2 cards....

Leave the smart cards with the receiver. As mentioned before, some receivers are obsolete and will not be activated by DISH. It would be best to have the models checked. If they are obsolete, we ask that they are responsibly disposed.

if the receivers are as old as you say they are the cards are obsolete anyway.....the current cards are purple G3 (white G4, hopper only at this time) yours probably have blue G1 or yellow G2 cards....

The g 4 sc will work in VIP 722 and 222k' as well

The g 4 sc will work in VIP 722 and 222k' as well

I am sure they will work with any current receiver, but as far as I know they are only being shipped with the hoppers at this time.....replacement vip's are still being shipped with the g3, rom240/241's internal or external....

Leave the smart cards with the receiver. As mentioned before, some receivers are obsolete and will not be activated by DISH. It would be best to have the models checked. If they are obsolete, we ask that they are responsibly disposed.

Thanks for the input. I have a 510, 508, 501, and 2200.

I am going to PM you on a related matter.

I've been a Dish customer since 1995 or so...and have accumulated a number of receivers over the years. My current receivers are leased but prior to that the half dozen or so receivers I have amassed were not. I am moving in the next several weeks and am curious as to the options that might be available to sell/give away/dispose?

Thanks.

Throw away they are unusable and obsolete

I am sure they will work with any current receiver, but as far as I know they are only being shipped with the hoppers at this time.....replacement vip's are still being shipped with the g3, rom240/241's internal or external....

I have been installing 722k and 222 k that have g4 sc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts