What signal strength should i have?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

merlin9178

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Im just curious as to what signal strength i should have for directv. Im not getting all my hd channels and didnt know if that was the reason. Thanks

merlin9178 said:
Im just curious as to what signal strength i should have for directv. Im not getting all my hd channels and didnt know if that was the reason. Thanks
What receivers are you refering to ?

Most should be high 80's to mid 90's.
H-20's read abit lower, 20 % has been mentioned.

I would say 70's at least anything higher would be great.

Jimbo

im not getting 119 but im getting 110 and 101 could the satelite need adjusting?

merlin9178 said:
im not getting 119 but im getting 110 and 101 could the satelite need adjusting?

I think the satellite is fine, but your dish may need to be adjusted. What transponders are you receiving a zero on? Some transponders are spot beams for locals, others are national beams though.

so it is possible to get signals on two but not the third. And what is it just minor tweeking to get signals for 119?

merlin9178 said:
so it is possible to get signals on two but not the third. And what is it just minor tweeking to get signals for 119?

Yes it is possible to get one sat (or more) and not the others (you always need the 101 though) and still get programming (minus what's on the missing sats).

Yes, if it _is_ a aiming issue, there is a chance it could also be a LOS issue or bad LNB or bad built-in switch, or the related (to the built-in switch) connections could be loose or bad.

Last edited:
merlin9178 said:
great. All my stuff is brand new

Sounds like the installer did not do a proper job. Either call them back or call DirecTV and have them come back to fix the problem. You can try to troubleshoot the problem yourself, but it is better to let a professional find the problem

yeah i guess the installer didnt do a good job because the installer was me. I have a 5 lnb dish and have installed singles before but the 5 must be a little more difficult

Have you actually checked different transponders on 119? Some are zero and some are 96+% on mine.

mechman

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)