What size hdds are in the hr20s and the hr24s?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zellio2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Right now, I have:

HR21
R22
R22
H24
H24
R16
H21
H21
D12

I'm gonna get a couple hr20s and an hr24, I'm wondering what the size of the hdds are... I can get the two hr20s cheap (Definately not the hr24), so I'm getting them first. This will be for MRV.

I'll end up with:

HR24
HR21
HR20
HR20
R22
R22
R16
H24
H24

What do you think? Is this a good amount of dvrs?

HR20's normally are 320GB, while HR24's are 500GB.
But frankly, it's a piece of cake to change them in the HR20's to something bigger - I changed both of mine to WD 1TB's in less than 15 min each. I got them off Amazon for only $90 apiece. And, I am NOT a computer geek by any means - just followed the helpful tips on this board... :)

You do also realize that any HR2x & R22 units can use external e-SATA drives as well...

I've considered that for awhile (btw, samsung 1 tbs are better, plus microcenter has better sales, at one time 1tb samsungs were $40), but I've had issues with my dvrs before and don't want to void warranty.

running a green 2TB on my HR24 since the first day I activated it. Been good to me so far, with plenty of room for HD recording

Well...

One thing to remember is, I have 9 receivers. On average 3 are in use when people are watching. Now I haven't had a time when nobody can watch recorded movies, but I'm anticipating it. It's not so much the size, it's adding more dvrs.

How do you hook up these hard drives to the HR24? I may or may not get one. I take it that the hard drives will be MRV compatible.

The Dish external would be hooked up via USB.

I have 1TB Calvary e-sata external drives connected on both my HR20-100 and HR21-700. I think they only cost 90.00 each.

Purchased e-sata cable cheap at Monoprice, the cables that came with the Calvary were pretty flimsy.

Has anyone counted to see if that 100 hour number is actually correct? if 320 gb records 50 hours of hd, 640 gig, not 500, would be needed for 100...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts