What stadium no longer around would you have liked to have seen a MLB game in?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Lets have a little fun. And lets keep it to MLB games :)

Don't need specific games but what stadium no longer around would you have loved to be a spectator at?

I would have LOVED to have gone to County Stadium in Milwaukee (preferably for a Twins/Brewers game)....just to be able to tailgate in the huge parking lot. I've been to Miller Park and while its nice it would have been cool to have gone to the old stadium

As for the "way long gone" (like long before I was born) I would have liked to see a game in Crosley, Forbes or Shibe Park

Polo Grounds get a nod just to see how oddball shaped that was.

Lets have a little fun. And lets keep it to MLB games :)

Don't need specific games but what stadium no longer around would you have loved to be a spectator at?

The original Yankee Stadium is one I wish I could have made it to

I did see games at Atlanta-Fulton County, Busch Stadium (the multi-purpose), Old Comiskey, Qualcomm (obviously still there)

My list of current parks attended are

Fenway
Wrigley
ATT Park
Petco
Dodgers Stadium
Angel Stadium
O.Co Coliseum
Busch Stadium
Kauffman
Coors Field
Turner Field

Candlestick Park, where Willie Mays made baseball's first "highlight film" catch. There'll never be another catch like it because current major league ballpark restrictions don't permit 480 foot outfield fences.

Tigers Stadium, none quite like it back in the time...

I saw my First game there, very cozy place to play the game.
ONLY draw back is they had some obstructed view seats due to the upper deck over hangs.

Really enjoyed my games I saw there.

Sportsman Park here in Saint Louis where the Cardinals and Saint Louis Browns played before the 3 Busch Stadiums were built and before the Browns moved and became the Baltimore Orioles :)

Sportsman Park here in Saint Louis where the Cardinals and Saint Louis Browns played before the 3 Busch Stadiums were built and before the Browns moved and became the Baltimore Orioles :)

FYI Busch Stadium I was the renamed Sportsman Park (when the Browns sold the stadium to the Cardinals).

Great thread idea!! :)

Stadium I wish i could have seen in person: with a doubt, Briggs/Tiger Stadium. That ballpark was awesome and had a lot of history.

Current ballpark on my bucket list: PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Just LOVE the way that ballpark looks on TV. It's one of the reasons I'm rooting for the Pirates to make the playoffs.

Wish Tiger stadium was still around, Comerica Park is nice but it's noting like the uniqueness of Tiger stadium and the "short Porch" in the outfield, they dont make sight lines like then did back then. you really felt like you were on the field at Tiger stadium

While its still around I would love to go to Boston catch a Sox game at Fenway

I've made it to all the "grand old ballparks" except Yankee Stadium.

Old Comiskey, Wrigley, Fenway, Tiger Stadium. Been there, done that. all were fabulous places to enjoy baseball games, and all were quite an experience.

i used to go to ball parks when i traveled on business in the 1990s.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

BillD1984 said:
Great thread idea!! :)

Stadium I wish i could have seen in person: with a doubt, Briggs/Tiger Stadium. That ballpark was awesome and had a lot of history.

Current ballpark on my bucket list: PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Just LOVE the way that ballpark looks on TV. It's one of the reasons I'm rooting for the Pirates to make the playoffs.

It's a great park

Another park that I obviously never came close to seeing but it would have been very cool if I did: Braves Field in Boston, before the Braves moved to Milwaukee (and then Atlanta).

My dad was a ball boy for the Braves back in the mid-late 40's. That land is now part of the Boston University campus.

Wish Tiger stadium was still around, Comerica Park is nice but it's noting like the uniqueness of Tiger stadium and the "short Porch" in the outfield, they dont make sight lines like then did back then. you really felt like you were on the field at Tiger stadium

While its still around I would love to go to Boston catch a Sox game at Fenway

I've been to literally hundreds of games at Fenway since I attended my first one back in 1974. The ballpark today is so much nicer than it was back then. Heck, it's better than it was 10 years ago when this ownership came aboard. They've added a lot of amenities, and kept the nostalgia in the park and also around the Fenway neighborhood.

I think Tiger Stadium would be a place that I would have liked to gone too. It just seemed like it had a uniqueness to it. For me, I would also go with the Polo Grounds and Ebbets Field.

Candlestick Park. I grew up in California and remember many years of rivalry between SF and LA.

I went to many games at Veterans' Stadium in Philly in the 70's, and a few Senators games at RFK in 70-71. If they haven't blown up RFK yet, they should. Memorial Stadium in Baltimore was an awful place to watch baseball, but I loved the character of the place, particularly the food court.

Crosley Field
Tiger Stadium
Polo Grounds
Sportsman Park
Ebbets Field

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts