What stadium no longer around would you have liked to have seen a MLB game in?

When I was a kid my dad would take me to the former home of the Rangers which was Arlington Stadium. The neat thing about Arlington Stadium was that it was the field was actually made out of a natural bowl. You would enter into the stadium at the top level and walk down to your seat.

crosley field, especially if the dry cleaners who were on the mill creek expressway, near the park, were still there. they had a sign on top of their building. every red player who hit the sign, won a free suit. hence, it was known as the suit sign!. but the dry cleaners got tore down when i 75 was bukt. and the old ballpark closely followed.

Crosley Field.

When we first moved to the area I saw a game going on in this stadium from the highway as we drove by on the way to our new house. I asked my dad to take me to a game there soon. He told me that we would go to a Reds game as soon as we were all settled in. Less than three weeks later, we went to a Reds game, but it wasn't at the stadium I saw from the highway. It was at a concrete monstrosity I hadn't seen. And we ended up sitting somewhere near the gates of Heaven in this giant concrete doughnut, not in the grandstands of a ballpark that reminded me of every baseball movie I ever saw.
I was 8 and angry with my dad for taking me to the wrong park. Of course I got over it and actually enjoyed the game and his company without having to share his attention with my siblings. I only wished that the first time I spent more than 2 minutes alone with my Father (I can remember anyway) was at a real baseball park and not at the monstrosity that was Riverfront Stadium.

That wasn't Candlestick; that was the Polo Grounds.

(just as the Fisk HR is one of the most overrated HRs in history).

WAIT - What now???? Huh...... Excuse me.... Say what......... What you talkin about Willis...... :D That's just crazy talk mister...... :)

TNGTony said:
Crosley Field.

When we first moved to the area I saw a game going on in this stadium from the highway as we drove by on the way to our new house. I asked my dad to take me to a game there soon. He told me that we would go to a Reds game as soon as we were all settled in. Less than three weeks later, we went to a Reds game, but it wasn't at the stadium I saw from the highway. It was at a concrete monstrosity I hadn't seen. And we ended up sitting somewhere near the gates of Heaven in this giant concrete doughnut, not in the grandstands of a ballpark that reminded me of every baseball movie I ever saw.
I was 8 and angry with my dad for taking me to the wrong park. Of course I got over it and actually enjoyed the game and his company without having to share his attention with my siblings. I only wished that the first time I spent more than 2 minutes alone with my Father (I can remember anyway) was at a real baseball park and not at the monstrosity that was Riverfront Stadium.

Crowley field was just a wonderful small park which featured the terrace and the moon deck. Loved that place. Wrigley field would run a close second!

Crosley Field Final Game.jpgConnie Mack Final Game.jpgForbes Field First Night Game.jpg
I would have LOVED to have gone to County Stadium in Milwaukee (preferably for a Twins/Brewers game)....just to be able to tailgate in the huge parking lot. I've been to Miller Park and while its nice it would have been cool to have gone to the old stadium

As for the "way long gone" (like long before I was born) I would have liked to see a game in Crosley, Forbes or Shibe Park

Polo Grounds get a nod just to see how oddball shaped that was.

did this work?? It did! There you go, just like being there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)