What subchannel would you like to have come to your local market?

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
(Yes, I know there was a similar thread about this posted a long time ago, but I thought I'd revive it.)

Anyways, for me I'd like Antenna TV, Bounce, Movies! and Cozi TV.

The only, Ill call them 'major', ones missing in this area are:
ION, GetTV, ThisTV* (*lost it when they switched to ME)

KRDK-TV WDAZ-TV KBRR KVLY-TV KCGE-DT
Gray Broadcasting (KVLY) will take the CW from 'DAZ this fall, I just wonder what 'DAZ is going to replace it with?
My local Metv owner has a station in Alexandria Louisiana KBCA has CW on 41.1, but Gray owns KALB 5 the NBC affiliate where the cw is going. So if 41.1 gets a replacement that would hopefully mean KLWB gets it to. When KLWB lost the cw to katc, it was replaced with Me. This went to the old KLFT station ( now KXKW)

How big is the dish and where to buy
At least an 8 footer, Craigslist is an option and also when you see one in a yard, contact the owner and tell him you will gladly haul it away for free.

Check here too:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...list-dishes-for-you-to-take-a-look-at.327363/

Most of the subchannels you mentioned are on a fairly strong transponder on the 97W satellite.
If dish size is an issue, there are members here that successfully use small dishes on C band in apartments etc... Danristheman is the resident mini-bud expert over in the FTA section and can answer any questions on what channels you can expect on a smaller C band dish.

By law you are allowed to have up to a think around a 1 meter dish.
These laws trump apartment rules HOAs etc...

Reactions: danristheman
At least an 8 footer, Craigslist is an option and also when you see one in a yard, contact the owner and tell him you will gladly haul it away for free.

Check here too:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...list-dishes-for-you-to-take-a-look-at.327363/

Most of the subchannels you mentioned are on a fairly strong transponder on the 97W satellite.
If dish size is an issue, there are members here that successfully use small dishes on C band in apartments etc... Danristheman is the resident mini-bud expert over in the FTA section and can answer any questions on what channels you can expect on a smaller C band dish.
Thanks

Reactions: fred555
I would like more subs in Fort Wayne market its like Iceberg DMA very few subs. I like movies, metv, cozi, anything beats what we have now. If you guys have questions i'll be over there to answer them.

Check here too:

Too bad I couldn't get a C-Band dish. I live in an apartment and I already have a DirecTV dish, a large outdoor TV antenna with a rotor, an outdoor AM/FM antenna, and a SiriusXM antenna outside. They all required drilling holes. Plus the landlord allowed me to have two cats. So asking him to allow me to get any size C-Band dish (especially a very large one) would be pushing it with him. Too bad there's not one that can go indoors. I'd probably be able to do that if there was such a thing and that it could face south.

Edison look into the FTA section on here you don't need a big dish to get some subs I use a 4 footer at my apartment. If you have any questions look over there for some help.

Edison look into the FTA section on here you don't need a big dish to get some subs I use a 4 footer at my apartment. If you have any questions look over there for some help.
Will it work indoors? I just don't think my landlord wants anymore holes drilled.

"If" you could have another dish outside you can use a flat wire through the window that is what I do at my apartment. Do some work on the side for your landlord kind of grease the wheels a little bit. If you have a good working relationship with him or her try that out. They might look the other way if you help them out just an idea?

Accuweather back,Comet,My Family Network,ASN,Decades,Heroes and Icons and so on.
By looking at your Rabbit Ears lineup in KC your problem is partially the TV Station owner but it seems that your ABC 2 (St. Joseph) owned by Nexstar and you may get lucky for a subchannel once NEXSTAR MEDIA GROUP becomes a reality. Then there is the CBS 5 KCTV (Meredith) and KSHB 41 NBC (Scripps Howard) who both launch the exact same subchannels (Cozi, Laff, Escape) so since your KSHB has Laff and Escape, well KCTV is left in the dark (that's what it looks like to me). Decades/H&I seem to be making headwave with Tegna (which you don't have a Tegna station). As for ASN and Comet you might be hit unless it goes to a LP station. Unless you can get Decades and H&I on KCTV or KQTV you pretty much hit. Hearst supposingly has or had a deal with H&I so maybe KMBC ABC 9 might have that.

Just wait till next year....I guess

Check here too:

im still looking but if I can find a small one to put on the side of the house I'm good. Thanks. I seen the lineup pretty cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts