What TABLET's do or don't work with Dish Remote Access?

teamw

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 14, 2005
Anyone have it working? I know my Android 2.1 Coby MID7015 doesn't, and another posting notes that Archos 101 doesn't either.

Please add your success or lack thereof with your tablet to this thread. I'm taking mine back, but need info to purchase another. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like info on this.

John W

Anyone have it working? I know my Android 2.1 Coby MID7015 doesn't, and another posting notes that Archos 101 doesn't either.

Please add your success or lack thereof with your tablet to this thread. I'm taking mine back, but need info to purchase another. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like info on this.

John W
Check XDA developers forum. I think anything running a CortexA8 should be able to handle it and I know the Colby isn't that class. Since the Archos doesn't have the android market you may need to sideload the .apk

Thanks for the comments. I did root the tablet and installed Marketplace, which works well as do most aps. The DRA trys to start, but only flashes a black screen with a Dish header before dropping out and returning to the home screen. This with no other aps running.

Since I primarily want to use the tablet for DRA, Ipad is overkill, but the Nook Color - never would have thought of it. I'll explore that.

Would still appreciate any other suggestions that folks may have either a suggestion on how to get mine to work (no help from dish tech), or other tablets that do.

John W