What the best way to find a used dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FREE

Please tell me your story and what the price you payed if any.
Thanks for your time.:D
BcBoy
My First one I paid zero dollars for a 10 foot Unimesh.
My Second one I paid zero dollars for a 10 foot Janeil.
My Third one I paid zero dollars for a 9 foot Birdview. I did have some travel exspence for it but was well worth it.
My Last one I paid zero dollars for a 12 foot fibergass dish.

The point I'm making here is you don't have to buy them because there are too many people who want to get rid of them. You may have some people wanting money for them but that is because when they bought them they might have been worth the 2000+$$ for them. Now days people are using the pizza size dishes. So they will want to get rid of their eyesore. You just have to go out there and look for them and ask them if they want to get rid of their Big Ugly Dish.

Good Luck,
TOM
:D

Ditto on that. I got an 8 foot dish - solid, well made, free.

As I was installing it I could see about a block away a neighbor's Birdview dish. I went over to compare notes. he wanted to get rid of it. Another free one.

Just look for small "pizza" dishes in the same roof with the big dish. Chances are the owner wants to get rid of the big dish .

got a 10 footer for free...too bad I screwed up and it busted in pieces :(
(the mesh came off the bars that held the dish together)

So far this year I've gotten 3 ten footers and 5 eight footers and haven't paid a cent for them, best time is look for them in late fall, winter and early spring and mark there location so you can go back for them in the spring. Look for dishes that point into trees or they have small dishes mounted, those are the people who most likely aren't using it. Forget summer is just to hard to see them with the foliage. And if your lucky they may also still have a 4dtv receiver, I've gotten two this way.

Good Luck on hunting....

got a 10 footer for free...too bad I screwed up and it busted in pieces :(
(the mesh came off the bars that held the dish together)

Iceberg, I know that feeling too well...
I bought a 7.5 mesh dish with the lnb and motor drive plus its IRD.
My brother and I loaded the dish on back of my truck. My brother followed me.
I didn't have far to go and I figured the back roads would be better and safer than the highway. As I got closer to where I live, I speed up just a little. Next thing I know, the dish blew off the truck and when it landed on the road, it got twisted and bend up! :eek:
Sold at a metal scrap yard and got some of the money back on it.

my 10 footer I pieced together and tried to prop against the deck to get something...well it caved in and busted

took about 6 weeks but chopped it up in enough small pieces for the garbage man to take it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)