What the heck is going on with the guide?

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
My 625's guide shows some shows run dates that have not even happened yet. I was watching one with a original air as 9/15/2011 another program shows the program is "new" with a date 2 days earlier. It is screwing up my recordings.

i dont know iam new to this but i push guide and i have nothing but i onley havr 3 ch right now 1 is rtv and tuff tv but ian working on geting more lol,
and i rember the dav when we had a utside tv also and had 3 or 4 channels and a good bed time lol now the time you go to bed it seams its a decent time i dont know aney more lol
good luck with the tv guide lol

Rick

papalittle,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with you program guide. Please PM your account number to me so I can look into the guide issue for you. Do you know what software version your receiver has? I am assuming this just started occurring. Thanks.

i dont know iam new to this but i push guide and i have nothing but i onley havr 3 ch right now 1 is rtv and tuff tv but ian working on geting more lol,
and i rember the dav when we had a utside tv also and had 3 or 4 channels and a good bed time lol now the time you go to bed it seams its a decent time i dont know aney more lol
good luck with the tv guide lol

Rick
Ah, you were not absent from school on the day they taught capitalization of proper nouns.

I do not know my account number since I am bundled with Windstream.And no I have noticed this problem for a long time now. Another thing I hare about the guide is it shows a name of a program but when you turn to that program you find a totally different show on, or if you are surfing the quide and check the info on that program all you get is the info on the program that you are tuned to. My receiver updates nightly.

papalittle,

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with you program guide. Please PM your account number to me so I can look into the guide issue for you. Do you know what software version your receiver has? I am assuming this just started occurring. Thanks.

Done it Iceberg. I am a Dish installer! LOL

I do not know my account number since I am bundled with Windstream.And no I have noticed this problem for a long time now. Another thing I hare about the guide is it shows a name of a program but when you turn to that program you find a totally different show on, or if you are surfing the quide and check the info on that program all you get is the info on the program that you are tuned to. My receiver updates nightly.

He's not alone in this..

Its happening on CBS ... Wash DC . .. USA 9 .... Late Night with Craig is showing as new for tonight (this early am) as new ... but its from a couple of months ago.. hes been showing the pictures for his kangaroo testicles to the North Pole...

I've seen it happening on a couple of others too ... thankfully I don't record those shows.. else I'd be killing my drive space every night.. :)

I have noticed this going on for some time now. I have shows that get recorded that are dated in the future and tagged new. I have shows that are dated in the future and are not tagged new and are reruns. I also have had shows with completely random dates recorded. For instance a show would record on Wednesday 6/15 and then I would get a second recording of the show on Thursday night, same episode but it would be dated 4/12/10.

I think it's just the guide data being supplied is no good.

I think it's just the guide data being supplied is no good.
I agree! The usefulness of the guide took a nose dive years ago when Chicago Tribune got the contract. If you complain to Dish, they say it's Chicago Tribune's problem. If you complain to Chicago Tribune, they say it's the info provided by individual.

Dish needs to accept accountability and address the issue.

If you are having this problem can you please PM me with your account number or the phone number for you're account so that I can submit a Technical Problem Report. This will get this problem escalated to the department in charge of this.

*Edit* The more examples of this, the better.

A perfect example is Holmes Inspection on HGTV. The shows were original shown in Canada a couple of years ago. When shown at 8 PM on Sunday evenings they are listed as new with that day listed as first showing. The same episode is shown at mignight. However, it is usually tagged with the original show date in Canada. I have the timer set to New. With the different dating, both showings are set to record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts