What to do next?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
OK, just a few loose ends to finish on the IA5 dish, so I am thinking ahead :) What satellite should I go for next? I am aimed at the following: G10, IA7 and IA5. I have 1 more Primestar dish I can use, or I can strap an lnb to the IA5 lnb. What would you guys do? Looking at the charts, not sure whatelse I am interested in receiveing. I like out of market stations, foreign and wild feeds. THanks for any advice :)

iafirebuff said:
OK, just a few loose ends to finish on the IA5 dish, so I am thinking ahead :) What satellite should I go for next? I am aimed at the following: G10, IA7 and IA5. I have 1 more Primestar dish I can use, or I can strap an lnb to the IA5 lnb. What would you guys do? Looking at the charts, not sure whatelse I am interested in receiveing. I like out of market stations, foreign and wild feeds. THanks for any advice :)

Motorize that fortec you have and you'll get 'em all! ;)

I am afraid that I would burn the thing up. I am a surfer :) But, I now am on all the birds that interest me, with the exception of maybe one - AMC 4 (?) that has KUIL. I might be interested in that sat.

iafirebuff said:
I am afraid that I would burn the thing up. I am a surfer :) But, I now am on all the birds that interest me, with the exception of maybe one - AMC 4 (?) that has KUIL. I might be interested in that sat.

Now you tell me??? We've been trying to tell you since you ordered the second LNB. LOL...

Stop teasing yourself.... get the motor! ;)

Trust me... you aren't the only one who scans the skies all day, how many threads do you see about burnt up motors?

I know but.... here is the gear I have collecting dust: 1- Primestar Dish, 1 - Fortec Universal LNB. Now, I hat to let those go to waste :) AND, I have to have something for my wife to buy me for Christmas :)

You can try and put a 2nd LNB on the Primestar for AMC4

KUIL is very strong and 3ABN is pretty strong too. I was able to get a 60-70 signal on KUIL with a smaller dish (DirecTV Phase II…which is 24x20)

I think I will try that. I think it might be easier to attach the Fortec uinversals together than the KUL1's due to their shape. The only concern I might have is the skew, as the Fortec universals are kinda square, so I wonder if I might have to much skew on the AMC4 lnb? I will give it a shot though :) KUIL sounds interesting :)

if you skew the IA5 LNB, AMC4 will skew along with it.

Plus the skew is minimal for the midwest for IA5 & AMC4 :)

That makes sense :) Will give it a try. Gonna run the cable and do the switch work tonight. Will save the 2nd lnb for the weekend :)

Larry, I would do as suggested, and get a motor. Put the other primestar at 123/129 and motorize the fortec dish you have there now. Also, do as Ice said and get AMC4 going.

Al

I have thought about putting up the other Primestar for G10/IA7. Will have to see.......I am ready to "plant" another pole :)

iafirebuff said:
I have thought about putting up the other Primestar for G10/IA7. Will have to see.......I am ready to "plant" another pole :)

You trying to compete the other user we have around here with like 10 primestar dishes blended into the garden on the back patio?

Well, I told the wife that by having an FTA system, we could get rid of or cut back on Dish Network. SOLD! Plus, she likes for me to be happy :)

swampman said:
LOL wish MY wife was that understanding. :D

Larry,
AMC 3 is great if you like PBS stations, you will have to be able to receive the audio in AC3 Dolby. It is the ONE satellite that won my wife over to FTA!
Bob

My wife gets a kick out of "The Simpsons" and various action movies in Spanish. You never know what you are going to find. She keeps asking me when the next time the camel races from Dubai are going to be on.

Ah, geek love. It makes for a happy home life. Boy, am I glad I married an engineer! Now, if I could just figure out how to sneak a C-bander into the back yard........ :)

Cheers,
Hantu

wescopc said:
Larry,
AMC 3 is great if you like PBS stations, you will have to be able to receive the audio in AC3 Dolby. It is the ONE satellite that won my wife over to FTA!
Bob

Same here! She watches "Ballykissangel" every Thursday. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

primestar lnb

Help with installation @ 38.4N 120.58W

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)