What to do now?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bikerchik52

Original poster
Oct 18, 2010
VA
I have my c-band programming with Skyvision and just got the e-mail that they are dropping 20 channels on June 30.I have paid for a year and won't get any dollars back,but really what other option do I have except to trash the bud and get a small dish.Does anybody have another option?

Can you please post that email here? (Please take out your persosnal info)

As far as I was told only the Starz channels were going away, but from the sounds of your post it sounds like a lot more are going away.

Can you please post that email here? (Please take out your persosnal info)

As far as I was told only the Starz channels were going away, but from the sounds of your post it sounds like a lot more are going away.

If you count the actual channels that are switching it's like 26 I think.

I have my c-band programming with Skyvision and just got the e-mail that they are dropping 20 channels on June 30.I have paid for a year and won't get any dollars back,but really what other option do I have except to trash the bud and get a small dish.Does anybody have another option?

This doesnt seem right. Pre-paying for a year and not getting partial refund/credit back? Sure you read it carefully?

This doesnt seem right. Pre-paying for a year and not getting partial refund/credit back? Sure you read it carefully?

I haven't seen this particular deal but back in the day, when the analog channels were dropping like flies, it was common to lose whatever prepaid time/money you had when a channel disappeared.

In the words of one of my Dad's cronies...

"It ain't right, but it's so"

Well, small claims court is an option to get your money returned, if they refuse when asked. I'd find out what it takes in your area, and see if it's worth going through with it. Everytime a business gets away with taking money from a person with no service, it just makes them bolder the next time.

Don't Trash your dish. Get a HD FTA receiver, the guys around here can give you some direction. You can get HD and who cares about 4DTV which really isn't anymore. Use your 922 or such as a positioner and analog receiver.

A lesson in never pre-paying for things these days. Life changes too quickly for fixed contracts. Even pizza dishes don't require (much of) a long-term contract anymore.

Not sure if it's the case for the OP but I buy 1 yr subs in an effort to show support for the platform, to show continued interest.

I had equipment damage in 2007 from lightning and lost my prepaid 4DTV subscription time from NPS. I later switched to SRL but the lesson learned was to prepay only 3 months at a time.

3 month subs is a good way to minimise potential loss. Maybe I'm getting too old or maybe I have greenbacks to flitter away...okay it's because I'm too old, but I can't be dong with 3 month subs!

From my side of the fence, if I buy 12 months, I get a locked in price, but ifi pay 3 months, the rate might change at renewal....and it never goes down!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)