what type of dish do I need

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

69firebird

Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
North Dakota
On my RV that I use for summer camping I have a triple LNB dish. Will I be able to get the new national HD channels(like National GeographicHD, Speed ChannelHD, A&E HD etc) when I hook up my H20 reciever. I hope I dont have to have one of those huge "slimline" dishes, they are pretty big and I imagine heavy as well. It would probably take me 3 days to aim it. I don't want to have to rough it completely this summer:)

Well, uh, if people COULD still use those triple LNB dishes for all that new HD, why do you think D* is changing them out to the new 5LNB or Slimlines to begin with; just for the fun of it??? :confused: ;)

And yes, they weigh about 35+ lbs & are not quite as easy to aim as the oval ones, but after you do it a few times, you'd probably get the hang of it.

Thanks, thats what I was afraid of. I wasnt so concerned about the local channels the slimline is for as since i have an RV I get the networks in HD anyways. I was hoping I wouldnt have to use the bigger dish for the national HD channels. Question, I have seen a dish that I think is smaller than a slimline with a couple extra LNB's sticking off to the side. I'm pretty sure it is a 5 LNB dish. Does anyone know if I can use this one (it looks smaller) and how is this one in comparison for aligning. An old guy on the roof of his RV can be a dangerous thing. :)

DON'T mess with THAT dish - if you MUST have HD, stick with a slimline.
That other HD dish (with the "side "LNB's") is not even made anymore - the slimline is simpler to deal with, & is actually a little lighter than the other one.

Just so you're clear - ALL existing HD will be shifted over to this new dish, probably within a year or so. If you want ANY HD, you're gonna need a slimline.

Thanks a lot for your help and advice. Looks like my decision is made. Yup, I'll probably get real good at aiming that fancy new dish (I hope).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)