What type of splitters do I need?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JelloBread

Original poster
Mar 28, 2014
Corpus
When I was on dish the installers did this for me. Then when I had my house resided I changed to DirecTV with a SWM receiver directv rewired my house. How do I accomplish what I need to do in the picture. I need to know what type of splitters #2 and #3 are.

Cable1.jpg

:welcome to Satelliteguys JelloBread!

If you are using a swm setup, the receiver would have to be a D12, assuming it's not an hd model, any of which will work. The tv without a receiver would have to be rvu capable. You don't need all of those splitters, just the four way is enough. It has to be a swm splitter. Just run from the splitter to the two places the televisions will be. Cap the unused outputs. Make sure you are using a power inserter, and if it's after the splitter it must be on the power passing leg, marked with a red line usually. BTW, did Directv do the install? They should have used the correct equipment.

The OP also seems to want to backfeed a TV from the receiver?

He must have had a dish set-up where one receiver,with duo tuners(DISH 322?),or a DISH DVR 625(?),could be attached to 2 tv's,1 tuner per tv. To the OP,you need 2 receivers,2 D12's,or if you need a dvr & a receiver,then a R16 DVR & a D12 receiver.

They would probably be best to use a Composite to Coax converter to do it. I did that for my in-laws. The box they had in the basement was one of the DirecTV that only had Component, HDMI & Composite/S-Video. Using the Converter, allowed me to run RG-6 to my wife's step mom's sewing room, which was about 25' away. I think I had originally 50' of coax, and had no loss with it.

The other way if the other tv has HDMI. Use HDMI over Ethernet wiring, with a Balun with IR on both ends. Of course the other person watching the tv with the box, gets to enjoy the other party flipping channels on them.

They would probably be best to use a Composite to Coax converter to do it. I did that for my in-laws. The box they had in the basement was one of the DirecTV that only had Component, HDMI & Composite/S-Video. Using the Converter, allowed me to run RG-6 to my wife's step mom's sewing room, which was about 25' away. I think I had originally 50' of coax, and had no loss with it.

The other way if the other tv has HDMI. Use HDMI over Ethernet wiring, with a Balun with IR on both ends. Of course the other person watching the tv with the box, gets to enjoy the other party flipping channels on them.

This is why I thought that he had 2 TV's hooked up to one duo TV receiver or DVR with Dish. That's why I also stated earlier that he needed 2 receivers/dvrs for Directv.

I use OTA diplex splitters for backfeeding. Do note, DECA won't work if you're going to do that, takes up the same band area.

So use diplex splitters for splitter 2 and 3 as long as splitter 1 is a SWM splitter and it's power it coming from somewhere else.

DirecTV SWM splitters probably would work since they pass both directions, just costs more.

This is why I thought that he had 2 TV's hooked up to one duo TV receiver or DVR with Dish. That's why I also stated earlier that he needed 2 receivers/dvrs for Directv.
I always wondered ablut that,
The DISH sysrem allows a tech to run an independent TV #2 from receiver #1. There is still a cable run. Never saw the benefit. Anyone?

Joe

I always wondered ablut that,
The DISH sysrem allows a tech to run an independent TV #2 from receiver #1. There is still a cable run. Never saw the benefit. Anyone?

Joe

It's no big deal if you are using duo receiver,but using a duo DVR will create problems with watching live TV on TV2 if a program is being recorded at the same time.

Directv does not feed rooms why he one box must have box in all roomed or you can mere but you will see the same programs

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Directv does not feed rooms why he one box must have box in all roomed or you can mere but you will see the same programs

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Is this in English?

Attached is a new drawing. Please verify I have made the proper corrections. Thank You

Attachments

• Cable2.jpg
    Cable2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 175
I use OTA diplex splitters for backfeeding. Do note, DECA won't work if you're going to do that, takes up the same band area.

So use diplex splitters for splitter 2 and 3 as long as splitter 1 is a SWM splitter and it's power it coming from somewhere else.

DirecTV SWM splitters probably would work since they pass both directions, just costs more.

Attached is a new drawing. Please verify I have made the proper corrections. Thank YouCable2.jpg

You can't feed the second tv that way, you need to go from the receiver to the tv with coax that has run through an rf modulator, like an old vcr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts