DLNA setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

medic-dan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2009
Massachusetts
My parents have two non-DVR receivers, an H20-100 and and H21, yup from around 2007 and 2008. The H21 is on the network and can access a DLNA server without any problem via ethernet. The H20 has no ethernet port.

It's also a non-SWM setup.

Can I use a CCK to get the H20 on the network OR would it just be easier to get a new receiver. Would the CCK feed both receivers, even though it's non-SWM?

they really don't want the 2-year contract extension for an upgrade and they have no plans/need for a DVR.

Thanks.

Technically the CCK WILL feed both receivers. Altho H20 is not really network capable/whole home capable, As far as i know. Someone correct me on this one.
G'luck

Nope you are correct pinoy.. The h20 is swm compatible but is NOT mrv compatible. Thus it will not access your DLNA server and never will. Just curious what DLNA server do you use? I have been using serviio. But try not to use the dtv boxes as decoders.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information guys. I guess I'll see about upgrading the H20. The things a monster anyways.

I'm using Servio as well. I'm using an old R51 Thinkpad, 1.6mhz, 750mb ram, with a 250gb drive running XP as the server.

At my house I have a Panasonic Viera TV and it plays very nicely with Servio. They have older Samsungs so need to use the SAT box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)