What we really need is... (1 Viewer)

Status

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
A software upgrade where a poster who breaks the rules, say namecalling gets banned from a specific thread.

so the idiots on that iraq thread could be selectively banned from that specific discussion:)

Posters would likely behave better too not wanting to be locked out of that discussion.:)

Anyhow its worth asking the provider, sad something like that is necessary:(

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been watching T2K's posts over the past week, if his crap keeps up he will be finding someplace else to post for awhile. :)

korsjs

Welcome To SatelliteGuys
Supporting Founder
Jan 25, 2004
Land O Lakes, FL
i was thinking about this same thing last night. however, i was thinking about a way to ban people from an area, such as the chit chat area. there are a few people getting out of hand. the sad thing is that they know who they are and continue to be disruptive.

scott, is this doable?

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
RandallA said:
The Chit Chat area is a war zone. I try not to go there.

Well perhaps we need a political area for the more heated discussions. Those seem to be the ones that boil everyones blood.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
vurbano said:
Well perhaps we need a political area for the more heated discussions. Those seem to be the ones that boil everyones blood.

That's a great suggestion! That will keep the political discussions in a "STF Out" area for those of us that are not interested.

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Scott Greczkowski said:
Excellent idea. :)
Make a separate forum for that. Put it on a separate domain or perhaps even on a separate server, and make sure to find a separate team of moderators! :D

stone phillips420

On Vacation
Oct 20, 2004
earth
i dont think we should be able to ban user from a particular part of the forum.
cauise im sure you guys want to ban me from the dishnet section:)

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
I think it would at least relegate 90% of the "Yo Mamma" comments to one area making it easier for mods to police. LOL

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
Bob Haller said:
A software upgrade where a poster who breaks the rules, say namecalling gets banned from a specific thread.

so the idiots on that iraq thread could be selectively banned from that specific discussion:)

Posters would likely behave better too not wanting to be locked out of that discussion.:)

Anyhow its worth asking the provider, sad something like that is necessary:(

This is the best post ever...I understand your point on name calling..but how can you complain about it and then call them IDIOTS in the same post!?!?!? :rolleyes:

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Feb 11, 2006
boston area dtv said:
This is the best post ever...I understand your point on name calling..but how can you complain about it and then call them IDIOTS in the same post!?!?!? :rolleyes:
Bob is a name caller but he is getting better.

I have tried to cut it out 100% since talking to Scott, but that T2K just goes over the top and makes me see red.

PS If I am still being to strong just PM me and I will take it down a notch or just quit visitting that part of the site. I hate anti-American posts and cant help but respond. I have put T2K on my igone list twice but if you do not read his 10 posts in a row you lose touch with the thread.

THANX
Eric

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
boston area dtv said:

honestly take a look at my posts, I DONT flame people other than those who get discussions closed because of miss behavior. About the worst I call someone is a idiot:(

I TRY to keep my comments OT I am a moderator at obesityhelp.com

Thanks scott for finding SOLUTION!

vurbano

Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Eric Goempel said:
Bob is a name caller but he is getting better.

I have tried to cut it out 100% since talking to Scott, but that T2K just goes over the top and makes me see red.

PS If I am still being to strong just PM me and I will take it down a notch or just quit visitting that part of the site. I hate anti-American posts and cant help but respond. I have put T2K on my igone list twice but if you do not read his 10 posts in a row you lose touch with the thread.

THANX
Eric

I know what you mean. I often have to edit out my retorts to T2K 3 seconds after I type them .. LOL. Usually theres a more subtle way to imply someones a moron rather than typing the word. He is entertaining, but goes over the top quite often. I dont think Ive ever been called 6 different names in one post before I met him. You end up laughing about it after a day or so.

Last edited:
Status

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)