Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
A software upgrade where a poster who breaks the rules, say namecalling gets banned from a specific thread.

so the idiots on that iraq thread could be selectively banned from that specific discussion:)

Posters would likely behave better too not wanting to be locked out of that discussion.:)

Anyhow its worth asking the provider, sad something like that is necessary:(

I have been watching T2K's posts over the past week, if his crap keeps up he will be finding someplace else to post for awhile. :)

i was thinking about this same thing last night. however, i was thinking about a way to ban people from an area, such as the chit chat area. there are a few people getting out of hand. the sad thing is that they know who they are and continue to be disruptive.

scott, is this doable?

RandallA said:
The Chit Chat area is a war zone. I try not to go there.

Well perhaps we need a political area for the more heated discussions. Those seem to be the ones that boil everyones blood.

vurbano said:
Well perhaps we need a political area for the more heated discussions. Those seem to be the ones that boil everyones blood.

That's a great suggestion! That will keep the political discussions in a "STF Out" area for those of us that are not interested.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Excellent idea. :)
Make a separate forum for that. Put it on a separate domain or perhaps even on a separate server, and make sure to find a separate team of moderators! :D

RandallA said:
The Chit Chat area is a war zone. I try not to go there.

same here but latelly I have been dragged into it and have put ends very quickly to the flame wars....

i dont think we should be able to ban user from a particular part of the forum.
cauise im sure you guys want to ban me from the dishnet section:)

I think it would at least relegate 90% of the "Yo Mamma" comments to one area making it easier for mods to police. LOL

Bob Haller said:
A software upgrade where a poster who breaks the rules, say namecalling gets banned from a specific thread.

so the idiots on that iraq thread could be selectively banned from that specific discussion:)

Posters would likely behave better too not wanting to be locked out of that discussion.:)

Anyhow its worth asking the provider, sad something like that is necessary:(

This is the best post ever...I understand your point on name calling..but how can you complain about it and then call them IDIOTS in the same post!?!?!? :rolleyes:

boston area dtv said:
This is the best post ever...I understand your point on name calling..but how can you complain about it and then call them IDIOTS in the same post!?!?!? :rolleyes:
Bob is a name caller but he is getting better.

I have tried to cut it out 100% since talking to Scott, but that T2K just goes over the top and makes me see red.

PS If I am still being to strong just PM me and I will take it down a notch or just quit visitting that part of the site. I hate anti-American posts and cant help but respond. I have put T2K on my igone list twice but if you do not read his 10 posts in a row you lose touch with the thread.

THANX
Eric

boston area dtv said:

honestly take a look at my posts, I DONT flame people other than those who get discussions closed because of miss behavior. About the worst I call someone is a idiot:(

I TRY to keep my comments OT I am a moderator at obesityhelp.com

Thanks scott for finding SOLUTION!

Eric Goempel said:
Bob is a name caller but he is getting better.

I have tried to cut it out 100% since talking to Scott, but that T2K just goes over the top and makes me see red.

PS If I am still being to strong just PM me and I will take it down a notch or just quit visitting that part of the site. I hate anti-American posts and cant help but respond. I have put T2K on my igone list twice but if you do not read his 10 posts in a row you lose touch with the thread.

THANX
Eric

I know what you mean. I often have to edit out my retorts to T2K 3 seconds after I type them .. LOL. Usually theres a more subtle way to imply someones a moron rather than typing the word. He is entertaining, but goes over the top quite often. I dont think Ive ever been called 6 different names in one post before I met him. You end up laughing about it after a day or so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts