What will "D" do to get a 7 yr "E" customer to switch ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
I've been a top tier Dish customer for 7+ years at $120 / month with HD, AEP, locals, Supers, 3 receivers - the works. I've seen all the typical promos etc but am wondering if I call DTV what I could likely talk them into for me to switch to their equivilent package.

What's the best deal that others that have done this gotten ?

"D" getting Fox HD is kind of the last straw and although I expect E will get it too eventually, the writting on the wall seems to favor "D". Plus I'm sick of the equipment and service problems I've had with E this year. I've tried to remain loyal to E but my patience is running out.

WaltinVt

I was in the exact same position you are. I just left E* last month after 6 years.

I simply watched the CC and BB ads and waited until one of them had an additional rebate the other didn't. I got 3 dual tuner 70hr units and after rebates, my out of pocket was $50. Then I sold my E* stuff on Ebay and made $400. If your worried about service, you can even get the CC or BB warranty for about $29 per unit for 3 years, much less than the $8.99 D* wants to charge per month.

As for service, the Total choice premium is $90.99 which has everything, add the Tivo fee, additional receiver fees, and the HD fee and you would be at the same monthly cost with 3 dual tuner 70 PVR's.

TiVo is so much better than my old E* PVR's. It's been just over a month at D* and I have not had to reboot my PVR's once or missed a show because they locked up.

Change is good!

Just a quick not if you have total choice premier you do not pay the tivo fee it is free. You do however pay mirroring fees if applicable.

I would say check out some of the sponsors of this forum such as value electronics for some new subscriber deals. They sometimes offer better deals then D* for new subs.

They are have $80 referals ($50 for some) if you let one of us refere you.

I am sure any of us would be glad to split that with you. 25% seems fair.
You get $60, I get $20. (or $40/$10 for those with the $50 referals).

(PM) Private Message any of us if your interested.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)