What will happen to Directv going forward

If it's cable or standard ADSL2 based just buy your own modem. Only time you "need" a ISP modem is with authenticated VDSL and fiber.
I did try that awhile back, it lasted 2 years and started having issues of slowing down and other issues ... right about the same time that I would have broke even, I think the Cable company did it (but can't prove it) ... so now I have moved Back to the cable companies modem. (which I find out I can change out at any time, at least thats what they say ... but still cost me the same). Fwiw, they are using the Hitron Coda 4589 is the most recent one they gave me.

I'll pay $40 for 100 mg ... they want $80 for 100 at the moment where I'm at.
Plus FEES and taxes.
Need to get rid of the Fees ... thats just a way for them to create more BS money.

They charge me $10 a month for a modem that was FREE when I signed up for it and its now 10 years old and I'm still paying for it.

id love to pay $40 for 100mb. id love to pay $60 for it. imctv charges us $60+modem fees for 25mb. i got a black friday promotion now which is $70+modem fees for 100mb. regular price $90+fees. they recently offered 1gig service but its unaffordable at $250 month... and thats their special offer. all speeds are data capped also. i loathe imctv. they are the only game in town. its them or nothing at all, and they know it.

id love to pay $40 for 100mb. id love to pay $60 for it. imctv charges us $60+modem fees for 25mb. i got a black friday promotion now which is $70+modem fees for 100mb. regular price $90+fees. they recently offered 1gig service but its unaffordable at $250 month... and thats their special offer. all speeds are data capped also. i loathe imctv. they are the only game in town. its them or nothing at all, and they know it.
I'm at $52 for 25 mg at the moment .... its a big drop from 100 mg to 25 ... but its more affordable ... its still too much, but I don't have options.

I did try that awhile back, it lasted 2 years and started having issues of slowing down and other issues ... right about the same time that I would have broke even, I think the Cable company did it (but can't prove it) ... so now I have moved Back to the cable companies modem. (which I find out I can change out at any time, at least thats what they say ... but still cost me the same). Fwiw, they are using the Hitron Coda 4589 is the most recent one they gave me.
I personally would not use anything but a Cisco or Motorola (real Motorola, not Arris Surfboard) modem on cable.

Reactions: Jimbo
You do realize Frontier has FIOS Fiber in some places...which one tends to not be able to use their own modem (media converter/ONT/gateway) with any Fiber service...
IF, and thats a BIG IF Frontier ever brought fiber to my area, street, I'd have to consider it, depending on what kind of costs were involved.

My neighbor across the street has Frontier internet at a whopping 6 mgs.

I thought I'd look to see what my address shows, I don't know what the neighbor chose as his speed.

Order Summary​

Due Today​

$0.00

Due Monthly*Estimated monthly cost before taxes​

$37.99

Your plan​

edit
Simply Preferred Internet 6M$27.99

Equipment​

Wi-Fi router service fee$10.00

Activation Fee​

Will only appear on your first bill$85.00

It appears that 6 mg is the ONLY speed available here for $27.99 p/m plus a $10 a month router fee and and $85 activation fee.
So thats 37.99 pm, plus tax and any other BS they can add on like fed and local fees.
So I could get for around $45 6 mg or stay with the Buckeye that I have for $52 including all taxes and fees for 25mg.
Or $80 for 100 mg.

IF, and thats a BIG IF Frontier ever brought fiber to my area, street, I'd have to consider it, depending on what kind of costs were involved.

I thought I'd look to see what my address shows, I don't know what the neighbor chose as his speed.

Order Summary​

Due Today​

$0.00

$37.99

Your plan​

edit

Equipment​

Activation Fee​

It appears that 6 mg is the ONLY speed available here for $27.99 p/m plus a $10 a month router fee and and $85 activation fee.
So thats 37.99 pm, plus tax and any other BS they can add on like fed and local fees.
So I could get for around $45 6 mg or stay with the Buckeye that I have for $52 including all taxes and fees for 25mg.
Or $80 for 100 mg.

Mine:

ATT_Gig_Internet.PNG

Order Summary​

Due Today​

$0.00

$37.99

Your plan​

edit

Equipment​

Activation Fee​

Or $80 for 100 mg.
The best Frontier can do on my street is 25 Mbps, and that's with bonded pairs. I'm over 3000 ft from the VRAD.

The best Frontier can do on my street is 25 Mbps, and that's with bonded pairs. I'm over 3000 ft from the VRAD.
Unfortunately, I am within 3000 ft from the CO, probably about 2800 ft if I were to guess.
So, NO High Speed internet for me from them, unless someday they string fiber ... 6 mg for me ... and LIKE it !

Thankfully theres 1 other option.

Remember, thats UP TO ... 25 mbps

AT&T at least over-provisions, even on the gig plan. When I had the 25/25 plan I got 30/30. AT&T's latest gateway's have a 2.5G port and users with a 2.5G or greater NIC have reported getting 1.2gbps speed tests with it.

AT&T at least over-provisions, even on the gig plan. When I had the 25/25 plan I got 30/30. AT&T's latest gateway's have a 2.5G port and users with a 2.5G or greater NIC have reported getting 1.2gbps speed tests with it.
Yes, they are usually over the listed numbers ... when I was installing 50 mg they were getting about 65, 75 was 90. 100 was usually 110 or there abouts.

Anyone think if DTV does get bought we will still be able to have the triple bundle and still get the discounts for ATT Internet? Or if the DTV bill would be separate and we would be able to get the ATT Internet discount just having ATT Internet and ATT Phone or ATT Wireless?

Anyone think if DTV does get bought we will still be able to have the triple bundle and still get the discounts for ATT Internet? Or if the DTV bill would be separate and we would be able to get the ATT Internet discount just having ATT Internet and ATT Phone or ATT Wireless?

The rumors say that AT&T will keep AT&T TV (though who knows why they should believe they will ever be able to make that successful) so that would be their triple play bundle.

The rumors say that AT&T will keep AT&T TV (though who knows why they should believe they will ever be able to make that successful) so that would be their triple play bundle.

We don’t actually know if ATT TV is successful since the numbers for that service are buried and the end of the 1st year availability hasn’t arrived yet. I do believe at that point in time it will see massive subscription losses because even paying the ETF for the last 12 months would allow people to change to something that is at least somewhat cheaper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts