Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network has a lot of receivers and each one of them does something that another model can't. For example will my receiver with with a Tailgater? A Logitech Revue? 3D VOD?

It gets confusing because of the wide selection out there.

DISH Network has put together this compatibility list which tells you exactly what works on which receiver. This is one list I hope they keep updated going forward! :D

Attachments

• Focus On Receiver Compatibility with Certain Devices and Features - 100311 v0.3.pdf
    273.8 KB · Views: 1,645
Excellent chart.......I didnt realize that you can connect the VIP 211 via broadband until I saw the chart. DISH website doesnt list the 211 as capable (only the 222k, 612, 622, 722, or 722k models)..my question is the USB port is used for my EHD...can I run a ethernet cable from my wireless router to the ethernet port on the reciever to connect to broadband? Are both ports active at the same time?

.my question is the USB port is used for my EHD...can I run a ethernet cable from my wireless router to the ethernet port on the reciever to connect to broadband? Are both ports active at the same time?
Of course they are. Why wouldn't they both be active?

Note that Ethernet on the ViP211 means only that you can do a subset of the functions that you would have otherwise needed a telephone connection to do. Still no VOD or other downloaded content.

Of course they are. Why wouldn't they both be active?

Note that Ethernet on the ViP211 means only that you can do a subset of the functions that you would have otherwise needed a telephone connection to do. Still no VOD or other downloaded content.

And since I have a telephone connection to the receiver (for interactive applications, etc.) it doesnt sound like an broadband ethernet connection would give me anything "more" for the 211 model.

It is there so that folks that don't have home phone lines can still connect the receiver to order PPV and to avoid any fees for not having receivers connected.

This is a superb chart. Thank you.

Anything like it explaining legacy, DP & DPP compatibilities?

The 722 comes with a single OTA tuner. The 722K does not come with an OTA tuner, but comes with a "Slot" where you can install a $40 OTA module that is a dual OTA tuner.

Unfortunately, there is no software program powerful enough to handle such a large and complex chart.
lol, yeah, I was going to say something along those lines, like the chart would become a multi-dimensional data cube. :)

What the "connect to broadband internet" feature all about? Surely it doesn't mean that you get high speed internet service thrown in along with your TV feed (and OK, I'll stop calling you Shirley...). Does Dish also offer internet? I have not seen any references to that - have I just missed them?

What the "connect to broadband internet" feature all about? Surely it doesn't mean that you get high speed internet service thrown in along with your TV feed (and OK, I'll stop calling you Shirley...). Does Dish also offer internet? I have not seen any references to that - have I just missed them?
There are interactive features that are available on receivers when connected to phone or broadband. The Broadband does offer much more VOD (Video on Demand) options. You can pay your bill, order PPV movies, upgrade your packages all with your remote. Internet connection is also needed to be able to access the majority of the DRA ( DISH Remote Access) features here.

No it doesn't mean that. you can gain access to more VOD tv shows and movies. TV Internet - DISH Wireless ViP Series DVR - DISH Network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)